Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling Dr.Kwon banders!!!

Hi everyone...My surgery was moved to 7/13 because it was approved sooner than they thought! Is there a special diet or something I should be doing besides staying away from advil and like products. I'm so EXCITED....Cynthia

Congratulations on your up coming surgery! Good for you! How exciting to have it moved UP! I take it you have lost the required weight prior to the surgery....soo just work on maintaining that weight loss. Stay away from Motrin/Advil..yadda yadda yadda....As far as foods you can have pretty much anything right now, as long as it doesn't interfer in your weight loss. Personally, just to get use to it a little bit...I took a couple of days before the surgery and did the shakes. One for Breakfast, one for lunch then a regular dinner. Then the day before my surgery I had a few things that I knew I wouldn't be having in a while. I had tostitos and salsa....(Now theres a walk on the wild side).........If your on any medications you may need to stop them before the surgery...like blood thinners, asprin therapy, birth control or HRT.......Dr Kwons office should have advised you of that though... soooo it seems your good to go! Enjoy these next few days....eat what you would like, but maintain your weight loss and I am sure you will come thru things fine.

IM EXCITED FOR YOU!

Cyndel

That is wonderful!! Congrads!! I get to see Dr Kwon 7/11/05 and my Tenative surgery date is still 8/10/05 Good luck and best wishes, Keep us updated!

I have lost 63 pounds so far and am feeling so much better.

I have pretty much not told anyone but family because I do feel it is a personal decision. I am walking more, eating less and saving money at the grocery store!

I have always been treated with respect at the Dr. office and have never been embarrased by anyone there.

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi!

Grandma9

How do you add the tickers to posts here? Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi,

I have been researching WLS for a couple of years now and I have decided on the lapband. I have a consulation with Dr. Kwon on Aug 18th. I would like to know if the pre-op testing has to be done in Port Jervis or can you have in done in your hometown?

Also, how long was the process from consulation until your surgery date?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

I did most of my pre-op testing in my hometown with Dr's of my choosing. However I had the psych eval with one of the 2 choices they gave me. I also met with the nutritionist that they recommended. I'm not sure if I could have chosen a different one for either of those testings. For me it was just easier to go where they suggested.

As for the timeframe..... You need to have all of your test results to the office, lose at least 10 pounds between consult and appointment to setup the surgery and then you're all set. Mine was about 5 weeks from start to finish but I know another person that was a lot longer just because he couldn't get his testing done. I know a woman that had surgery today and she has only been going for 3 1/2 weeks to his office. It totally depends on your timeframes for testing.

Good luck! Keep me posted.

~ Grandma9 ~ When were you banded? My goodness I am soo excited over your 63 pound weight loss! GOOD FOR YOU! I was banded 5/5/05 and I am down about 40ish pounds....maybe like 43.....I dont trust my home scale I go back to Dr Kwons office next week I think. I should call to confirm the appointment....I am horrible at remembering dates, and names, and grocery lists...:) Not that theres much on them these days

~ CRETE ~ When I started the whole process of contacting Dr Kwons office to surgery...it took me three months. Started in Feb...Had surgery in May. I had to wait for my new insurance to kick in (3/01/05) because the insurance I had was gonna be a witch to get an approval thru. Then it just took me that long to get all the preop stuff done. I did all my testing with the doctors that they suggested. My theroy was they have all worked together in the past, they know what to look for and expect out of each other, and they know how to contact one another. I have had toooooo many experiences of lost blood work, lost faxes, lost this that and the other thing to risk going to my own home town doctors. Things went sooo smoothly it was remarkable!!! The trip was a little long to go back and forth....but sooo worth it. This whole process could have drove me nuts, but thankfully it didnt have to. Hope this is helpful, and good luck to you!!!

TTYL

Guest Tina715

Hi,

I just wanted to see how your surgery with Dr. Kwon went. I'm not used to this forum, I usually am on obesityhelp.com but this is a friendly place so I'm going to try it. Hope I'm sending it to the right person!

Hi Tina

My surgery went very well...I did same day surgery actually. I had to be there at 5:30 Am, was the first on the OR schedule and was home by 5PM.

My surgery was in November...right before Thanksgiving. No Turkey dinner for me! :P

I was and am very pleased with the entire office staff at Dr. Kwon's. I would recommend them to anyone.

My surgery went well too! I however did a stay over at the hospital. I had a bad reaction to the anestesia and I was dry heaving. They dont like to see that anymore than I did likee having to do it! Sooo they jacked me up on meds that knocked me out, the dry heaves stopped, and then in the morning when I woke up, I walked a bit, I had some to drink...Then I went home. The staff at Bon Secours was amazing! What a caring group of people. You know you usually have atleast one nasty nurse when you stay at the hospital...everyone there was sooo nice and supportive! I had my surgery just before Mothers Day!! My family has a HUGE brunch for all us Mammas in the family. I went to the brunch, with my bottle of Propel fitness water...peach flavor for me! Shockingly I was okay being around all that food. Had no urge to jump in there and snarf down the entire table of food!! I too would recommend Dr Kwon to anyone!

TTYL

Guest mummum6

Hi cyndel. Just found the site. I'm still getting hungry and I wish it would stop. Go for a visit with Dr.Kwon on Monday and hope to get a fill.