Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

step away from the fritos! HELP

Help me! I was being such a good little bandster......and then came the holiday weekend-I'm not filled yet- and I haven't had any rejection from any type of food- but I was doing okay- hungry but okay-

Then we had friends over this weekend on two occassions- while I cooked I snacked- then I realized what I was doing and sat down to eat my cottage cheese- instead of junk- then while I sat down to dinner with friends I realized I was drinking/eating at the same time! Yikes- I stopped- we all went out for cocktails and I had iced tea...I guess I won some battles-

But- today I had my 1/2 veggie burger-- then some grilled chicken, avacodo and salad- doing good- came home and ate FRITOS!!!! Why can't I stop this junk food binge?

Help- I'm worried I'm going to make my pouch stretch from this weekend- and I'm only 3 weeks out from surgery. any thoughts???

it is amazing how perceptions change once we've been banded, especially if we have been on liquids for weeks on end.

Check your calories for the day, for the week. Every time I feel like my eating is "out of control" I check my calories.

Check your calories.

And fritos now and again are not going to kill you. Be kind to yourself. You haven't had a fill yet, so you have the same hunger you had pre-band.

Keri -

Fritos are not a forbidden food. You did not do anything "bad" - you made a food choice, that's all. Perhaps you could have made a healthier food choice, but this time you didn't. Maybe next time you will. Maybe next time you won't - the point is, it is only a choice, not a dictation.

The changes you make in your lifestyle are forever - it is unreasonable to think that you will never have another frito in your whole life! And it's not necessary to give them up, either.

However... You are less likely to eat foods you don't have handy in the house. The chances of you getting into the car and driving to the store for a ONE serving bag of fritos is not very high... If you want them badly enough you'll do it, but if you're eating just because they're convenient, then don't make them convenient.

Regardless, though... You have done nothing wrong, so there is no reason to feel bad.

This is for LIFE and HEALTH. This is NOT a diet. :(

Thanks Vinesqueen and Donali-

I'm still a little freaked out-

I searched to see if anyone else had this cooncern or question-

I can feel my port- which I know is normal- but after I eat the area surrounding my port- around incision and a little above (port incision is below my left breast)

feels hard when I poke it- I know stop poking it! : )

But- seriously- it doesn't hurt- it isn't red or inflammed- I did cheat a little on Sunday- but I have been following the mushies- eating 2 hard boiled eggs in the a.m- lunch is usually a few ounces chix or tuna salad with 3 crackers and sometimes sf Jello or a popsicle for a snack and usually more tuna salad for dinner- Am I doing something wrong??? No fill yet. I've read you can get pouch dillalation from binging or over eating- I may have eaten too much on sunday- but otherwise- I've been cautious- What do you guys think? Has this happened to anyone else???

Signed- newly banded and a little scared!

Just pass the Fritos to me (got any bean dip?) I've been a naughty bandster myself. Let's try to do better tomorrow, okay?

Do any of you ever have those days when you just feel full all the time? I've had a couple of days like that and I wonder why am I so full today when yesterday I felt like I was starving? I'm eating about the same amount of food daily, but every now and again, I feel that I just can't eat at all.

Also, I've noticed that my tastes have sure changed. No longer do I crave chips or (my personal favorite) Cheetos! The thought of having that oil in my mouth just turns my stomach. Confession time: I went with DH to costco the other day. They were giving out samples all over the place. At one place they were giving out small cups with samples of Maui onion flavored chips. I thought... it's only a couple of chips; it won't hurt. I took one chip and it was so greasy that I thought I was going to barf! I gave them to DH and he ate his and mine. On one level, I'm so glad that I don't want them anymore, but on another leverl..... sniff.... they were my friends!

2bthin

-32 and counting

I searched to see if anyone else had this concern or question-

I can feel my port- which I know is normal- but after I eat the area surrounding my port- around incision and a little above (port incision is below my left breast)

feels hard when I poke it- I know stop poking it! : )

But- seriously- it doesn't hurt- it isn't red or inflammed- I did cheat a little on Sunday- but I have been following the mushies- eating 2 hard boiled eggs in the a.m- lunch is usually a few ounces chix or tuna salad with 3 crackers and sometimes sf Jello or a popsicle for a snack and usually more tuna salad for dinner- Am I doing something wrong??? No fill yet. I've read you can get pouch dillalation from binging or over eating- I may have eaten too much on sunday- but otherwise- I've been cautious- What do you guys think? Has this happened to anyone else???

Signed- newly banded and a little scared!

Keri,first off, THERE IS NO CHEATING. This is NOT A DIET it is our lives. Sometimes we will have chips or candy or something that is not healthy. Note I didn't say "bad" because there is no bad food, unless off course, you dont remember to clean your frige.

My only other advice for you Keri is STOP POKING YOUR PORTS. :( Other than that, you are doing fine.

Thank you Vinesqueen and Jack-

I just needed to stop beating myself up over some damn corn chips- it's a good thing that the days of "flogging" are over.....

I did take a nice 2 mile walk last night- made some healthy chiken salad and renewed my faith in myself!

I was overly concerned about the hardness of my port area- thinking I had somehow stretched my pouch- I think it's just scar tissue-

Anyway- Cheers to you both- (with my Peach Propel in hand)

Take care.

Viva La Band!!

Hehe, had to laugh about "the hardness of the area..." IT'S TITANIUM, sorry, for some reason this has me giggling

Hey- I had some fritos and potatochips and a margarita on the 4th too! (Ok I am PMS'ing and craving salt this month- oh for the choclate- well maybe next month) I used to let this get me down, but if these are not the only things I eat and I don't make a habit of eating them by the bagfull each day then I am not worried. (and neither should you be)

I have lost weight the whole time while eating a little junk on the way - it is about living and getting healthier- but you still have to like what your eating anf that "junk" does seem to taste good! Just smile and go on!!