Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have experience with True Results Scottsdale?

I just got approved today for surgery, and I was wondering if anyone has been to True Results in Scottsdale? Opinions? Thanks so much... I live in Prescott and don't know anyone who has been there.

I don't have any experience with them, but here is a link to their on line forum Lap-Band Weight Loss Surgery Forum | True Results Lap Band Surgery Forum | Lap Band Surgery Forum . You may be able to find some information there. Also, you may try in the doctors and hospitals sub-forum found on this site here Doctors and Hospitals - Lap Band Surgery and Lap Band Discussion Forum. You can either do a search or just re-post this thread there. I hope this helps.

I live in Phoenix and I went to 3 different places including True Results. I have to say I was not impressed with them they made me and husband feel as though they were a factory they asked 5 times during there "Seminar" to sighn and fill out their paperwork and really pushed the self pay!! then they informed me that if I went thru insurence I would have to fly to Texas to have the surgery....WHAT A JOKE.......You couldnt pay me to use those people.....I personally went with WLIAZ'wieght loss institute of arizona' Dr.Debarros the surgeon even has the lapband himself!

True Results in Scottsdale is AMAZING!! Go for a visit, and make the choice for yourself. Many of us overweight people can be ornery and short tempered when it comes to our attempts at weight loss.

BEHAVIOR BREEDS BEHAVIOR! So go in there with a positive attitude and you will get positive results!

Have realistic expectations, and build a relationship with the office.

I have had nothing but positive experience with them, they are all wonderfult, every one of them!

I am in Tx.. and i used True Results.. here..i had a great experience.. so i wouldnt take one persons opinion.. they didnt push me..

Using them now - I had a couple of issues with their understanding of my insurance but besides long wait times (which were fine with me because I would just show up late) everyone there was nice. I wouldn't say I was "impressed" like I was with Dr. DeBarros, but the timing wasn't right and when I was ready his practice had changed their name and I wasn't able to find them. There is a certain "cattle call" or "processing center" manor to TRS but over all it's still been a good experience. My surgery is on Friday the 18th, I'll be able to tell you more after that.

I don't have any personal experience w/True Results, but I am getting banded next Thursday by Dr. Robin Blackstone of Scottsdale Bariatric Center. My surgery will be done at the same hospital where I had my babies, Scottsdale Healthcare Shea. I really like my surgeon and the office, facility, staff, and support groups are all great. They have a bariatric wing in the hospital just for the WLS patients and they have extra big chairs, beds, recliners, etc. Very nice. Dr. Blackstone has extensive experience in lapband, realize band, the sleeve, etc. and she operates on high risk cases (BMI as high as 70+).

I had a similar experience as one of the previous posters. I had an individual consultation and it was like a sales pitch. A lot of pressure to go through with it but on top of that, a lot of pressure to self pay (which was definitely not an option for us) :thumbdown:. However, if you're already approved through insurance, then that may not be a problem for you. Their doctor is listed in "Top Docs" in Phoenix, so he his credentials must be pretty good. I just didn't feel like I got a real personalized appointment there. I am on my six month diet for insurance and hope to be banded by Dr. Simpson in Phoenix. His office staff and insurance coordinator are fantastic and most of your appointements are actually with the doctor, as opposed to Scottsdale Bariatric. :eek:(To be fair, Dr. Blackstone was ranked the best bariatric surgeon in Phoenix). Hope this helps.

I am not sure if you have had your surgery already or not. I just came across this. I had my surgery at True Results in September of 2008. They were absolutely wonderful. I had been to three other places before I decided on True Results. I am a medical biller and very aware of what my insurance benefits were at the time. True results is the only place that got the correct information, the first time, they ran my coverage. Other did not even believe what I was saying was correct. True Results worked fast to get me approved for the surgery. Also in doing the pre-testing, in office, that needed to be done.

The day of surgery, the only thing I would do different is ask for a valium for nerves. That wasnt anything that anyone could have predicted though.

After the surgery I did have minor complications. I had 7cc of saline placed in my Lap band during surgery. Two days after surgery I was unable to even consume Water. I called True Results and was told to go straight to the office. I drove down and was in with the Dr with in 5 minutes. They removed the saline and it helped instantly. Relief!! Although I did have to start all over with my fills. Which was my decision. The Dr asked me before removing all the saline if I wanted it all removed and I said yes.

Not to go into my entire story, I love True Results, I also have a friend who went through them as well who loves them. I would not change anything other than the Valium before surgery.

The reason I have not lost more weight, I lost my insurance and job, I am a single mother. Other things became priority. Now I have insurance again and am planning on getting my fills again and back on track. I am super excited!!