Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today's surgery is over! I've been home for about 5 hours, sleeping most of the time. I do have gas pain in my shoulders that is not fun. But the GREAT news is that the other weird symptoms I've been having for months are gone. They were evidently caused by the huge hiatal hernia I had.

Dr. Owens did a stupendous job. The five incisions all appear to be minor, and they really don't even hurt. I'm a little drowsy still from the Vicodin but other than that it's going very well. Everyone at Rancho Specialty Hospital was very nice, helpful, and attentive. My goodness, if I ever had to have surgery again (hopefully not) I'd want to have a team just like them.

I'm on Clear liquids for a few days - not too bad because I'm honestly not hungry. My mouth is so dry though. Maybe I should chew on some ice. Nothing else has helped. But even that's not bad.

Just wanted to report that all went well!:tongue2:

Deana. Congratulations!!! It sounds like you are doing very well. I had a hernia repaired also - didn't even know I had it. I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly. Take good care of yourself!!! Becky

Deana that's wonderful!!! Everything is going to keep going great, just keep paying careful attention to your body and follow doc's orders...Greatest of luck!!!

Lisa:wink_smile:

That's great! But don't forget to walk walk walk to keep those blood clots at bay, and to help clear your lungs and body of the anesthesia! Your mouth is dry from the anticholinergic they gave you before surgery to dry up your secretions; as the drug clears your system you'll be more normal. Water and exercise will both help flush you out!

Glad you're banded!

So happy to hear you are doing so well. Just remember to walk, walk, walk. I know that is what made a difference for me. And congratulations on getting the hernia repaired, I know they can be extremely uncomfortable and dangerous if not taken care of. Good job Doc! You will have to bake him desert since you won't be eating much of it any more! Well, just a little bite.

Congrats! It is nice to hear from someone recently banded. I go in tomorrow am. I hope you are feeling even better today. Best of luck, and keep us posted. If you want to compare notes and keep up with someone with a very close band date make me a friend. Take care of you.

Thanks to everyone! I'm feeling good today, still have gas pains in my shoulders, and yes, I will walk walk walk walk. My bedroom is upstairs (as is the room the computer) and the kitchen is downstairs. Hubby is taking good care of me too. The thing I'm so happy about is that the hernia symptoms are gone and I feel so wonderfully normal. It must have had my stomach really twisted. And I only gained a pound since yesterday; I expected it to be more. So now it's off to make something nutritious...thanks to everyone for your kind comments and advice!

Your message sounds great!! It's really great to hear you are doing quite well & that your Hubby is doing a wonderful job at taking good care of you. As said before, walk, walk & walk! Best of Health to You!!

Congrats on the surgery!!! I'm going to be banded in early December and I'm not sure what the requirements are going to be for after the surgery. What can you eat, how much and when are you allowed to try solid foods??? I'm a little nervous about the first 2 weeks after surgery.

Well done you ! I hope things continue to go well. by the way I am new on this site today my name is Linda and I was banded in May 08

1st infil was June whenI was overfilled which wasn't very pleasant then slight adjustment for some removal. now lost nearly a stone but feel a little dissapointed can anyone give advice

Here's a question that I have been dying to ask...why the shoulder pain? I notice that a great deal of lb patients come home with it.