Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh, hell to the NO!

Now this is some bullish. Today I went to JCPenny, because they supposedly had 3 of the size 20 suit jackets that I was looking for available. Of course when I look in the plus section I can’t find anything but a 16 and 14. :tongue2: I ask one of the sales associates for help, show her what I’m looking for and tell her what size. After she thoroughly explains that the plus section is not her area of expertise she proceeds to help a sister out. She searches the computer inventory and sees that there are indeed 3 “what size did you say you needed again a 20?” in stock, but she can’t find them. She then ask 3-4 of her co-workers on separate occasions (at the top of her lungs) if they have seen an size 20 jackets??? Nope no one has seen a 20, they must be somewhere in the store. (This is the kicker) Then this trick says: Maybe they somehow got mixed into the “NORMAL” sizes, because this is the plus section and sometimes people accidentally mix them in with the “ NORMAL” sizes.

In her mind plus size is not even consider normal. By the time I left out of the store I was pissed, embarrassed and still didn’t have the jacket I spent my lunch hour looking for……and you know that is a sacrifice. :biggrin:

Needless to say I can’t wait until October 31 my surgery day, so I can soon start shopping in the “NORMAL” section. Ain’t that some bullish??? Can anybody relate?

~Snowboots

I agree. Don't buy a bunch of new stuff if you are planning on having the surgery soon. Next winter everything will probably be too big. I have taken 6 loads of clothes of the Goodwill not including what I have given to my mom and cousin. I had clothes from size 30/32 & 3-4-5X down to size 20 that are now too big. Currently in a size 16 bottom and XL tops.

Crishell, you and Jack are doing so great!! Congratulations!!! Nice to read all success stories, very motivational. Reading about the discarded sizes makes it even more real than reading about pounds gone.

Mimi

You guys are right, I should not be buying too many new things since my surgery is right around the corner. Either way I didn't appreciate the whole normal size thing. It just irks me that some people consider plus sizes abnormal. And dang, I wanted that jacket :biggrin: lol.

Snowboots, I feel your pain... :eek:

I LOVE to shop...I HATE big-mouthed, prejudiced sales clerks that think because you're plus-sized that your fashion sense has gone into hiding. And I'm even less impressed with sales clerks that work at plus-size stores that have taken NO INITIATIVE in learning what looks good on their customer! :thumbup:

Many many times I have been in Lane Bryant or the Avenue or some such, and see a clerk recommending things to a customer that will not only look awful, but will emphasize all the WRONG things about her figure while overlooking the great features she has! :w00t:

I have bought a few "transitional" clothes for my transformation. I'm being banded in mid-November, so I'm figuring that by Christmas, I'll be using them. I caught a very good sale and spent less than $15 per piece for a small capsule wardrobe that will take me through at least a couple of sizes.

I, like a lot of others, have multiple sizes in my closet, so I have a few outfits I've been unable to wear for quite a while. What I'll miss most are my collection of suits - I got some really good deals on Tahari suits on EBay. They are excellent quality, and I'll either donate them to Dress for Success or get them to a local consignment shop or back to EBay. I've gotta do an inventory so I know what I've got...

I am looking forward to buying small amounts of clothes through my transformation...what I'm really planning for is a big wardrobe overhaul when I reach goal. :eek: