Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introduction

Hi Lucymae, You usually need another fill if you are getting hungry a lot. Somedays I feel this way and other days I am satisfied. I think it depends on what you are eating as well. I can't believe how much you have to pay for a fill. As part of the package I paid for I get fills for the first year for $10 and then I think they will be about $30. I can't see how they can justify so much when it is for a needle and some sterile Water, that's a rip off. I know others here in Australia don't even pay it is claimable through the Medicare fund. Just depends on your Dr. Good luck.

Saleel22

Hi !

I'm Lola and glad to have ladies my own age to go this journey with.

I'm 58 soon to be 59 and had my surgery 10/7/08.

Live in Jacksonville, Fl. I have had two fills and still do not feel much restriction, but am sticking with this for I am so afraid of failure that I keep moving ahead.

Have lost 47 lbs total, pre & post op. and am happy the holidays are over. Thanksgiving was easy, Christmas not so.

I guess we all have are strong moments and weak ones too. I haven't lost this much weight in 30 years. So it is possible. I pray every day that I can keep this up for the long haul.

This is a great place to lean on each other.

I have been reading for 3 months and finally decided to open up.

Thanks to all

My name is Janice and I had surgery 11-5-08. I had no trouble with diet at first because I was afraid of messing up and did not want to experience the dreaded pbing. Now, a couple of months out, I can eat more and luckily have never had more than food caught a couple of times. I have had 1 fill and still have no restrictions. I cannot wait for my next fill and hopefully I will start losing more quickly. I have not lost as much weight as I had hoped, but I feel so much better with the heathier diet. I do not like to exersise and have had trouble starting a routine.

Hi Lucy Mae,

I am 54 and in California too, had my banding on 9/19 and just had my 3rd fill last week. I am finally feeling some restriction, the first 3 months were frustrating for me.

Hello and Happy New year@!

I'm turning 50 in March and I feel somewhat like I'm about the birth a new "me"....going through extreme birthing pains tho but I have faith in the process. It's not so much a new physical me that is blossoming but a saner more spiritual me (I hope) who won't escape into food or need to hide or fight with life anymore. was banded on 12/1/08 and haven't had a fill yet. I had a tough time scheduling a Fluoroscopy and my fill center will not provide a fill until I have one.

At this point I have no restriction...except occasionally when I feel heartburn so I know I have the band. It's extremely difficult at this time as it is very cold out and I usually exercise outside. I've lost 15 lbs since banded but I'm afraid I will gain it if I don't get a fill soon. Being a lower BMIers I think we do have the luxury of taking it slow....looking down the road as a life long process.

I know it's about getting back into the mind set of living and eating healthy but now I am dealing with head issues. I feel guilty paying out of pocket and not seeing changes. I must trust tho that everything fell into place for me to get this thing and I worked incredibly hard to become BAnded so there will be results but patience is the word to focus on now.

m

Blessings to all in 2009.