Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introduction

Hi all,

Just thought I'd stop and say HI! I am 52 years old, so that makes me the right age........and I was banded on 9/15/08, so guess I'm in the right place too!

I live in Central Massachusetts, having moved here from Michigan 2-1/2 years ago. Any neighbors?

So far, so good in band land. I go for my first fill on 10/28, and have lost 30 lbs so far - 17 lbs pre-op and 13 lbs post-op.

I'm hoping I stopped in the right place to make some new friends and support buddies!

Hi Miss Vicky,

I'm not a close neighbour but Australia isn't that far away.lol I have been banded since January and have lost about 25 kilos. It sounds like you are on the right track with your weight loss so far. Keep up the good work. I have found that I do have to exercise regularly to get the weight moving. I am off tomorrow to get another fill. I have been very hungry the last couple of weeks so it is time. Keep in touch and let us know how you are going.

Saleel22

LOL! Just a day trip away, Saleel! Congratulations on your success so far! I'll admit I had to look up the conversion of kg to lbs. 25kg = 55 lbs! Awesome job!

Sorry I could have converted it for you but I sometimes forget which way to do it. I had a fill today and have just gotten home. I have been drinking Water all day and my stomach/throat sounds like a drainpipe gurgling. I had an appontment with the Psychiatrist which is part of the package we have and all I did for an hour was make gurgle sounds. She assured me she couldn't hear it. I think she was being polite as she is lovely. I hope your fill goes well next week. Just make sure you can drink slowly but easily before you leave the Drs to make sure you aren't too tight. Keep in touch.

Saleel22

Hi Miss Vicki, good job on your weight loss!!! Keep up the good work. I'm from Illinois, not too close but thought I'd say hello anyway. I was banded on Aug. 6th and have lost 39 pounds since July 15 when I began my preop diet. I've had 2 fills, the second one really did the trick. I have to be very careful to eat slowly, chew well and just take my time or food gets stuck, and that's not pleasant. Anyway, good luck with your fill and keep up the good work! Oh, can't update my ticker, can't remember my pin! lol

Thank you Saleel for the tip on drinking slowly while at the docs office. Tomorrow is the day! I'm kind of excited, but nervous too!

Glad to hear all is going well with you.

Hi Miss Vicki, good job on your weight loss!!! Keep up the good work. I'm from Illinois, not too close but thought I'd say hello anyway. I was banded on Aug. 6th and have lost 39 pounds since July 15 when I began my preop diet. I've had 2 fills, the second one really did the trick. I have to be very careful to eat slowly, chew well and just take my time or food gets stuck, and that's not pleasant. Anyway, good luck with your fill and keep up the good work! Oh, can't update my ticker, can't remember my pin! lol

Hi Lory! I used to live in Michigan... so not far from Illinois at all. You're doing great on your weight loss, so far. Congratulations, and keep up the good work!

I'm kind of anxious to find out what restriction really feels like. I know not to expect it yet... but hopefully soon!

Which band do you have? I have the REALIZE band.

Hope to hear more from you!

Hi Miss Vicki, I don't have a clue what band I have! Sorry! I have a copy of my op report too (I like to keep copies of my op reports for my records) but there is no brand name on it. Thank you for the encouragement! I have a good friend in Rockford, MI; she used to live here in IL and we met as co-workers.

Well Hi Miss Vicky!

Nice to meet you. I live in Northern Mass. close to the NH border. I was banded in April 2007, about 1 1/2 years out. Sitting here having my Protein lunch and checking out the boards.

Congratulations on your 30 lb. weight loss. Hope we can all support each other through this journey!

I feel that being in the over 50 crowd brings on different challenges and it's nice to know we are not alone. EVery day is different!

Hi Miss Vicki, I don't have a clue what band I have! Sorry! I have a copy of my op report too (I like to keep copies of my op reports for my records) but there is no brand name on it. Thank you for the encouragement! I have a good friend in Rockford, MI; she used to live here in IL and we met as co-workers.

No problem at all. The REALIZE band is rather new and I haven't met many people yet that have it, so I was just curious.

Well Hi Miss Vicky!

Nice to meet you. I live in Northern Mass. close to the NH border. I was banded in April 2007, about 1 1/2 years out. Sitting here having my Protein lunch and checking out the boards.

Congratulations on your 30 lb. weight loss. Hope we can all support each other through this journey!

I feel that being in the over 50 crowd brings on different challenges and it's nice to know we are not alone. EVery day is different!

Hi maryrose!

We're almost neighbors :w00t: well, sort of... in the same state anyway.... Hehe

I totally agree with being over 50 and having a lot of other challenges as well. You've done a great job with your weight loss so far! Any tips or bits of advice you can offer to a newbie?

Ladies I live in KY and was banded 10-24. I also am 52. It has been an interesting week. I am wondering though if my age wil slow down weight loss. I am also in the thros of menopause/ FUN FUN

When I read posts at the age group you ladies all seem to have dome so well. I can only hope Kathy

Hi Kathy, As long as you start to do some exercise you will find that you will start to lose. It does get easier to exercise as you start loseing and that is then enough encouragement to keep going. If you don't do any as yet just start out slow and build up. I know all about the thro's of menopause as well. Not fun!! lol. Hopefully it doesn't last forever. Good luck with your weight loss.

Saleel22

Hi MissVicki,

How did your first fill go. I hope everything went smoothly. My last one has certainly given me a lot more restriction. I thought I was chewing well and eating slowly before but obviously not enough. Had a bit of toast stuck last night. Not very nice and I am a little sore in the chest today so have decided to stay on fluids for today. Hope things are all good with you.

Saleel22

Hi everyone!! I am 54 and live in California. It is so nice to chat with people my age. I had the surgery in Feb 08 and I am satisfied with my progress. It is slowly going down, but I will take that over slowly going UP!!! I have had two fills and am trying to decide if I need another one. Sometimes I think I do, and then sometimes I think I am fine. Fills are $350 for me and if I go and he says he will not give me a fill (which he did once) that is $185- ouch!! I just can't remember what I weighed last time I went in. Any thoughts on how you knew it was time for another fill?