Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh no! Thanksgiving is coming!!!!!

My 2nd fill is scheduled for the week before Thanksgiving and my 3rd fill is scheduled for the week before xmas. I am actually looking forward to having some great restriction!

My first fill went very well. I got 3cc put in my 9cc band which I thought was very progressive. However, I really don't have the restriction that I thought that I would have. Maybe I just don't know what I am suppose to feel like with restriction? I know that in the mornings I am "tight" I don't really have an appetite or I can't eat a lot. By the afternoon my appetite is in full force. I go for my 2nd fill on the 19th.

I guess I want that "I can get full after a couple of ounces" feeling! Besides that the scales haven't moved in two weeks. At least I'm not gaining!

How is it going with you?

This is my first time posting and I was happy to see this thread. I am scheduled for surgery on the 12th and will be on liquids for the next two weeks and then on Thanksgiving I move to pureed meals for a week. Only my husband and son know about the surgery, but I have been informing most of my family that I am on a liquid diet until Thanksgiving and I plan to announce that solid food is just too much for me after all the liquids. Hopefully that will cover most of the questions. Hard to believe that I am looking forward to a pureed turkey dinner. :blink:)

Hi Aprilapple, I lost a lot of weight within the first 2 weeks of me getting the band. I think a lot of it had to do with not feeling well after the surgery. When the pounds started coming off, I got nervous about how much I should eat and my caloric intake.

It has been really helpful reading other members posts. I have started eating 3 times a day (I would miss Breakfast because I wasn't hungry) and I am baking a lot of fish.

Thanks for sharing your journey with me :blink:.

Hi CL in ND, I have a lot of judgemental family members who do not have to struggle with their weight. It's sad when you can't get support from the people who are supposed to be the closet to you.

Enough of my family drama :blink: I hope everything works out well for you. I had a blended turkey pot-pie before that wasn't that bad :)

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

I see we all are struggling with the aproaching Thanksgiving dinner (festivities). At that time I will have no restriction and since I'm only 10 days out from surgery I have no idea how I will react around all that food. I will be on pureed foods, so I will really have to watch myself, because Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday for cooking and eating.

My 1st fill is not until 12/11.

That is so incredibly true! I am not banded yet, but I have decided to be intentional about eating much better in preparation. Thanksgiving is my favorite time to cook for everyone and eat too:lol:. My plan is to still cook for everyone, cut back on the fat and not the flavor, drink Water and when I want to snack go for a walk with family or take the dogs out to distract myself. Prayerfully this will help.

Hello MoreThan...

I feel you with the Thanksgiving deal. I will receive my first fill on 11/24/08. I haven't shared with my family that I received the lapband, so I'm sure there will be a lot of chatter about me not eating like I normally do :lol:.

Best wishes to you!

Thanks Mocha! Good luck with your fill...

If I could have scheduled my surgery a couple of weeks earlier, I might still be able to enjoy Thanksgiving. At least I could eat mashed potatoes! One of the things I think I'll struggle with (as silly as it may seem) is that food Network is easily my favorite channel, and around the holidays they air all these great specials with holiday recipes :thumbup: So I'll need to find another way to keep busy...