Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Roller Coasters and Airplanes

I have heard that if you go on an airplane after having the band it can make you get sick or if you ride a roller coaster it can make you sick. Has anyone done any of these things since having the band and does it make you sick. Curious because I fly next weekend and will eventually be going on roller coasters cause I love them. Thanks.

Hi. I haven't been on a roller coaster yet, but I love them too. I have been on a plane since I got my band. I flew to Houston for my surgery - had the procedure done on Friday and flew home on Tuesday. That's not the longest flight, but I didn't feel any different with my band. Good luck to you. Becky

:biggrin:

geez, I hope not, that is one of my main goals is to be able to psend a day riding all the thrill rides I have been too fat to ride in the last few years !!

Good luck to you !

Im about two months pre-band... cant wait !

No and No.

I've flown many times and didn't get sick.

I've spent the day riding roller coasters with my LBT buddy and neither one of us got sick.

You'll be fine.

I flew home for a visit a month after surgery and I had no problems. I am sure you will be all right. Now roller coasters I will never be able to answer on because I haven't been on one since I was 12.

I fly a lot. I have found that a short flight at a low altitude is no problem, but the long flights at 40,000 ft. will give me some trouble. I will be very tight for a day or two after a long, high altitude flight. I now travel with mushy stuff in my suitcase so I have something suitable to eat when I arrive. Applesauce, slim fast, pudding cups, etc. I try and stick to Soup the first day. Then I'm fine.

I haven't been on a roller coaster, but I do know that wearing a life saving belt in my Water aerobics class is not an option. I have to do the class without one. It's a tougher work out, but when I wear one it hits me right at my port and hurts like hell.

Thanks everyone who has responded so far. All your input has been great. I am not too nervous about flying now. Thanks again.

Roller coaster??....couldn't tell you....HATE THEM !!!! :Dancing_biggrin: You won't find me riding one of 'em !!!

As for flying...HATE IT too !!! :party: Geez I sound like a wimp !!! :crying: I did realize years ago that if I ever wanted to go anywhere I was gonna have to fly, so I suck it up at least a couple times a year and we holiday. Since banding I've been on a plane 6 or 8 times....ranging from inter-island Hawaiian to a 6 hour cross-country. I've travelled with very little fill, and a really tight fill....have never had any band issue at all.

If it makes you nervous, eat light the day you travel and do liquids for a day when you get there....my thought is that you'll notice any changes and can adjust accordingly....but I wouldn't expect any issues.

Patricia

Well, like Canadagirl I can't tell you about roller-caosters. HATE 'EM!

However flying I have done a fair bit of. It was my experience that on a long flight (4+ hours), I would be a little more tight the next day, but nothing serious - it didn't stop me from eating as usual. On short flights, no differences at all. And I've been doing a fair bit of flying too.