Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how have your views changed about yourself?

hi all,

hope everyone is ok, i have been very busy at work and therefore havent had time to post anything. but had to share this with you all as i was so surprised.

i was talking to a friend last night, repeating a conversation we had had about a month ago about what fancy dress i would be happy to wear for new year. well a month ago i picked out a picture of a sumo wrestler blow up thing, but last nite i picked out a picture of supergirl with this red mini skirt on and red knee high boots. i was sooo shocked when he reminded me what i had picked out a month ago that i had to share.

has any one else had an experience like that since they were banded, that re-affirmed that it was the completely correct decision to make.

even though im not even half way to my goal of 120lbs, i love the new me, cos im so much more confident and comfortable about what i look like. i dont have a full length mirror at home, so when i go into town on a saturday i cant get enough of looking in shop windows to see how much difference a week has made.

sounds vain doing that, but ive never been in the position to feel like this before. and its great!!!

had to share, hope no one minds lol

I totally understand about the new image! I was so impressed to see my toes and not my belly when I looked down, I wanted to do a back flip! I was looking at some of my pics from right before surgery and cannot believe how much my body shape has changed - it makes my so thankful that I made this decision. I feel like I will be getting back my life!

I was actually saying to my DH yesterday that the thing I'm enjoying most is how my body feels. I don't have to struggle to get out of the car anymore. I fit into the front seat easily. I take up less room in those horrible plastic Dr's waiting room chairs. I can squeeze between small spaces. I can lie in bed with my toddler without feeling like if he has enough space, then I'm about to fall off the edge of the bed. I can cross my legs and lean forward. The list is just endless.

I'm not so fussed about the weight loss. It's the change in the way I feel and the things I can do that keep me going.

I was actually saying to my DH yesterday that the thing I'm enjoying most is how my body feels. I don't have to struggle to get out of the car anymore. I fit into the front seat easily. I take up less room in those horrible plastic Dr's waiting room chairs. I can squeeze between small spaces. I can lie in bed with my toddler without feeling like if he has enough space, then I'm about to fall off the edge of the bed. I can cross my legs and lean forward. The list is just endless.

I'm not so fussed about the weight loss. It's the change in the way I feel and the things I can do that keep me going.

Oh I can relate to all that. Except for the toddler, LOL I am finding it easier to play with my 5 month old granddaughter and picking her up and carrying her around is much easier. Going up and down stairs one at a time instead of slowly with both feet.

Love crossing my legs again like a lady. LOL:tt1::biggrin::tt1:

I agree. I am looking forward to being able to fit comfortably in an airline seat when I travel next week.

i didnt even think about the airoplane seat thing!!! i just like going into shops and not thinking that wont fit, neither will that. instead i go in and try on what ever i fancy, but its becoming quite addictive now, i have never enjoyed clothes shopping, cos ive always been big, but now i am definately starting to enjoy it!!

i dont have a full length mirror at home, so when i go into town on a saturday i cant get enough of looking in shop windows to see how much difference a week has made.

sounds vain doing that, but ive never been in the position to feel like this before. and its great!!!

had to share, hope no one minds lol

Your assignment this weekend: Go get a full length mirror! 3 way if you can.

that sounds a good plan, i would have got one sooner, however, I do not have much room in my room, which is why there is only the one over the sink which is on the wall.

that sounds a good plan, i would have got one sooner, however, I do not have much room in my room, which is why there is only the one over the sink which is on the wall.

Get the ones you can hang on the door. They are light and can be hung on most any door. You should be able to pick one up for less than $20 at either Wal-Mart or Target.

i total agree...my outlook has changed too and i didn't even realize it. i have more energy and i'm just loving getting into my closet full of clothes i haven't worn in at least a year or two. i think the funniest thing i realized the other day was carrying a computer tower up the steps to my office. when i got to the door, i thought to myself...how the heck did i ever do this 40 pounds ago?

take care all!!!

even after losing almost 36 pounds since the 26th. and droping down a size in pants. i still cant see anything differnt about me. every ask how im doing,how much have i lost. and that i loog good. and they also are like your face is so skinny now. and some of them dosent even know that i had the surgery.

but i still have the problem looking at myself and seeing me differnt in the miror. maybe after i lose more weight i will feel better about myself.