Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok - I am just going to say it - Constipation

Debbie, I guess this was the one place that we were not the same. I haven't had real trouble. During the liquid stage, my IBS was there with me the entire time. As a matter of fact, it is still there. The only time I had trouble was when I took the high powered pain killers. I wish that I could give you all some of my "relief". I have had a little too much "relief" lately. I hope that you all find a solution soon!

Poor Slim, I feel so bad for you. My Nutritionist finally returned my email and said I could use Benefiber, I bought the LARGE size. Last night I even bought regular milk hoping it will stir up a little Lactose Intolerance or a flair up of IBS. But sad to say my trigger foods are not present in my diet any longer, except I hope milk.

Thanks to all of you who have tried to help. I have read, absorbed, and even tried some of your suggestions. Where else except this web site could we discuss this toppic. And as sorry as I am that most of you have this problem, I AM SO GLAD I AM NOT ALONE!!!!!

Thanks Debbie

Debbie,

I meant to come tell you this last week, but I got sidetracked making costumes.

My doc said that I could use Miralax as needed and to keep using the stool softeners as needed.

My problems seem to have eased up in the last week or so. I've increased my Fiber intake by eating more Beans (lots of Protein too!). They used to trigger my IBS, but not anymore!! The only triggers that I have left are eggs (:thumbup: which makes me sad because I love them!!) and wheat products.

I hope that the benefiber is working for you!! I still take a few chewables everyday for good measure...

I too had IBS before surgery, pooping 3 to 4 times per day. Now I am lucky if I go once a day and that is a struggle. I read somewhere to eat apricots every day and that would get things moving. So I went out and bought some and started eating them for Breakfast on Friday. It worked! No issues today. YAY

I may have to try apricots. Canned or Fresh.

I had to quit the Benefiber, it made CONCRETE and I was so close to an obstruction. Now I freak out, all the time. I cannot describe to you how bad it was, but trust me, one more day and I would have been in the hospital.

Miralax, I have heard is good, who knows. I am going to have to try something. I take 3 colace a day. AND YES I drink Water. Two liters a day aprox. Isn't that enough.

Oh how I long for the IBS days. I have never had Constipation in my life.

Good Grief.................

Isn't it funny that Constipation has you wishing for your IBS? I have to say that I feel the same way. I haven't been "regular" in about 2 or 3 weeks. This is an awful feeling. I have been eating the apricots like they were going out of style. They worked the first few days, but not so much now. I think I am going to have to go back to my Miralax. It does work well Debbie. It is just expensive. At this rate, it is worth every penny.

Isn't it funny that Constipation has you wishing for your IBS? I have to say that I feel the same way. I haven't been "regular" in about 2 or 3 weeks. This is an awful feeling. I have been eating the apricots like they were going out of style. They worked the first few days, but not so much now. I think I am going to have to go back to my Miralax. It does work well Debbie. It is just expensive. At this rate, it is worth every penny.

Last night I bought some suppositories. YUCK. But I am so afraid. I started haveing pain in my right side, no appendix, and I just don't want it to become as big a problem as last time. I am afraid of Miralax. The pharmacist said it is Fiber and Benefiber was Fiber but it created more problems that it solved. I don't want a bowel obstruction or impaction so I am trying to really be careful, but once a week is not cutting it. I even eat baby prunes. The pharmacist even suggested that nasty liquid in that little bottle they give you to clean you out, but to only take 1/4 a bottle.

I will have to speak to my Dr, obviously it is not the Water - I drink 64 ounces a day!

Last night I bought some suppositories. YUCK. But I am so afraid. I started haveing pain in my right side, no appendix, and I just don't want it to become as big a problem as last time. I am afraid of Miralax. The pharmacist said it is Fiber and Benefiber was fiber but it created more problems that it solved. I don't want a bowel obstruction or impaction so I am trying to really be careful, but once a week is not cutting it. I even eat baby prunes. The pharmacist even suggested that nasty liquid in that little bottle they give you to clean you out, but to only take 1/4 a bottle.

I will have to speak to my Dr, obviously it is not the Water - I drink 64 ounces a day!

I didn't realize that Miralax was fiber. That would explain why it always takes so long to do anything. Today, I went to my known IBS trigger. I put a splash of half and half in my coffee this morning. Thankfully, it worked.:) I really hate that bloated awful feeling.:crying: I can't take Milk of Magnesia. That makes me gag before it ever makes it anywhere near where it needs to go. If your doctor makes a good recommendation, let me know. Something has to give.:sad:

I didn't realize that Miralax was fiber. That would explain why it always takes so long to do anything. Today, I went to my known IBS trigger. I put a splash of half and half in my coffee this morning. Thankfully, it worked.:grouphug: I really hate that bloated awful feeling.:thumbs_up: I can't take Milk of Magnesia. That makes me gag before it ever makes it anywhere near where it needs to go. If your doctor makes a good recommendation, let me know. Something has to give.:thumbup:

I know what you mean, when I went to the pharmacy it was with the intention of getting the Milk Of Mag - :grouphug: too bad there isn't a face of someone puking - I am at my end too. Enema's, give me a break. And to top it off I have my Mom nagging me, if it was only as simple. I refuse to break my Drs program REFUSE. I wish coffee was the trigger for me. It use to be dairy products. NOT ANYMORE. THIS SUCKS:cry_smile:

My colon is going to seize :grouphug: But as soon a I find SOMETHING I will let you know. Hang in there Debbie

Thankfully, my doctor allows me 1-2 cups of coffee day. That has saved my colon when nothing else was making me go. I hope that you get relief soon, too.

Thankfully, my doctor allows me 1-2 cups of coffee day. That has saved my colon when nothing else was making me go. I hope that you get relief soon, too.

You know the worse thing is that I stick to the damn diet. If I would just eat a bunch a crap............ Yeah right.

I just wish that my Dr would listen when I say how bad it is. And don't tell me to drink more Water. Next time I am going to hand him a copy of the Diet the Surgeon gave me.

For now, Colace and suppositories will get me by. I am just so afraid to try the Fiber therapy. Oh and by the way, I drink 64 ounces of just Water a day. Since I can't drink and eat I have given up my Snacks so I can drink the DAMN water. I am just so frustrated :biggrin:

But I am loosing so that is the only plus. :)