Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just want to share...

Hi all,

I am 4 months out and just want to give an update on my progress and issues.

Hair- thinning a lot. Taking Biotin and using Biotin Shampoo and conditioner and Vitamins, not sure if it is helping but I am doing all that I can.

Protein- use whey Protein bullets 42 gram 1/2 in the morning and the other half in the afternoon

Fill- I have a 10cc band and had my first fill of 1cc on 10-17-08. I had surgery on 6-18-08.

Health- overall I feel great no problems. I have developed heartburn, so if I eat at least 3 hours before bed and lye down, in two hours I am up and in A LOT of pain. So I quickly learned not to do that.

Exercise- I work out 3 to 4 times a week mainly walking.

Eating- I can probably eat about 1 to 1.5 cups of food per meal. I do not have problems with any foods, getting stuck or slimming. No vomiting or anything. I do sometimes eat and drink but not often and the drink is a sip ( sometimes if the food is a little dry).

Weightloss- I have lost 40 lbs since surgery and just received my first fill.

Overall- I am glad that I have my band, I use it as a tool as it was meant to be. I do not always make healthy food choice but 80% of the time, I do. I hope this post helps others that are thinking about getting their band or people that have just started their journey and what what they might have look forward to in the future.

Good Luck Bandsters!!

Sounds like you're doing well. I'm glad things are working out okay for you.

I do have a question.

I've noticed mentions of hair loss on this site and others but I haven't seen anything specifically about why. I don't doubt the info is out there, i just don't know where to look I suppose. Would you mind telling me what the possible cause of the Hair loss is?

Thanks.

My doctor stated Hair loss is attributed to fewer calories and not getting enough protien in. I am not banded yet, but I am trying very hard to track protien intake, so I can make it a healthy habit.

Congrats on your surgery date.

Yeah the hair loss is quite alarming but it is thinning more than falling out and shortening. I am doing all that I can but for me it is a small price to pay for my weight loss. I wear wigs from time to time and in the winter they keep your head nice and warm!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches