Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soo Good Soo Long

Hey all....I was banded 05-05-05...and have been soooo good as far as my diet and exercise. I havent had any junk food. McDonalds was non exsistant, Dunkin Donuts fell off the face of the earth and I turned my nose up at the chip isle in the food store. Just recently I have been not so good and now I feel like crap!! I stopped for McDonalds Breakfast yesterday, got eggs, sausage and the hashbrown.....and had a cup of coffee with it....Then dinner I ate three or four BBQ spare ribs (BIG ONES), and TWO pieces of my husbands birthday cake. I have been craving soda (haven't acted on that one)...I have been sneeking spoonfuls of ice cream...regular full on Fat Filled Ice Cream.....And I haven't been to Curves for a whole week in I don't know how long. And then this morning after I ate my Protein Bar, I chugged milk. I totally forgot about the not chuggin rule!! I thought for sure it was all coming back up but I walked around the house for a bit...burped a few dozen times and all was good. I just feel like crap about this all. I know what I must do.....I need to be responcible for everything that goes in my mouth. I need to get out there and exercise even if its just a walk....brisk walk...and I need to take my time with my food and drinks. I am pretty sure I need another fill...I will be seeing my doctor on July 5th....soooo hopefully that fill will be ordered up...........I also ate almost a whole QUART of chicken and broccoli from the Chineese resturant uptown. I didn't feel full...I didn't feel sick....I didn't feel like I was gonna pop...I didn't understand it!!! I wasn't drinking with my meal....sooo that tells me, time for a fill. I just gotta get a grip here. I think that I have slipped back to my emotional eatting....I have been going thru a bit of stress these last few days.......sooo I think it caught up. I am starting over today. But I still feel like crap about it!

All righty...thanks for listening........I will talk to you all again soon!

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE.

Everyone has slips I think, or we wouldn't have needed the band in the first place! Just pick yourself up and dust yourself off you will be faboulous! As for the soda thing, how long since you have had soda? I thought I wanted some too...but ya know what...tasting one of my kids...it doesn't even taste good. Kinda gross actually. I just wish I could manage to dislike sweets. I'm still preband..and trying to lose weight. Yesterday at the grocery I picked up a huge tray of cheese cake (there must have been 5 flavors) got all the way to the line with it and talked myself out of getting it! I was so happy, I came home and told hubby and he didn't seem nearly as excited about this victory over cheesecake as I did, of course he doesn't have a weight promblem either.

Hang in there, remember how great you felt eating the right things and think how faboulous you are looking.

Melissa

Melissa

Congrats on being able to step away from the cheese cake. That would have been a hard one for me too. Thanks for your support too by the way. I don't remember the last soda I had...Im thinking it was the night before my surgery...sooo almost two months. I will be okay without soda, there are sooo many other things out there to drink. Today will be a better day, I know it.

Talk to you soon

In my weightloss journey, I have gone thru various fazes of being hungry, not being hungry and eating great and eating not so great. This is the way I look at things-- As long as I am staying "good" 80% of the time or greater then I am doing great!! Lately-after my last fill I am feeling less hungry and am getting by on very little everyday. However, the day of the fill and the next-- my hunger was voracious-- I ate a good amount-- I ALLOWED myself to eat a good amount and enjoyed it. I did not condem myself for doing so-but thought to myself that being so good for so long left me with the option of eating "bad" for a day or two. Also I do not eat anything low fat-low carb or any other way diet. The little bit that I do indulge in of those "bad" foods is not going to hurt me in my weight loss one bit- and I would rather have the full flavor to help me be satisfied and overcome the desiring of the "bad" food. In the past the "diet" bad food would not help in quenching the desire for the food and have a moderate amount of the real bad food was what worked for me. You need to remember that this is a long journey to travel with many miles and many years in the future and the occasional pitstop is what will help to keep you moving on the journey. Just remember to keep your pitstops short or your journey's travel will suffer.

T

I came home and told hubby and he didn't seem nearly as excited about this victory over cheesecake as I did, of course he doesn't have a weight promblem either.

oh my gawd, that was so funny I did a spit-take! What a great NSV!

Great advice BigT. I too try to live by the 90/10 rule. I try to be a good little bandster 90% of the time, or that is my goal anyway. I probably only achive the 80/20 split, but if one doesn't have goals, then one can't go anywhere...

I bought a quart of Apple Pie ice cream from the cold stone place, (with double apples!) I bought the quart Thursday. I haven't even had one bite of it. Maybe just knowing that I have it is keeping me from eating it. (I hord things...)

Don't beat yourself up Porclindoll!

thanks guys! T...you hit the nail on the head...thats exactly what i needed to hear. thank you! i gotta reflect on the good that i have done.. and i have indeed done an awesome job thus far ~ and i will make it past this hard time and continue to do awesome!

you guys are awesome!!!!!

I don't know if this will help or not, but when I get the urge to splurge, I go to the freezer and grab a sugar-free, fat-free popsicle. It sure has been a life saver. At only 5 calories and none of the other bad stuff, I figure it just can't be all that bad.

On another note... I tried eating some fried zucchini (rationalizing that it was a veggie, right?) Well... after 3-4 pieces, I had to give the rest away. It just didn't taste all that wonderful to me. And because I had to chew it to death, whatever little amount of oil it had absorbed, sorta congealed on my teeth. Yuck! Not a pleasant feeling!

2bthin

2b...hey there! thanks for the rsvp. however i dont think that this was a need to splurge...i think that i just totally lost control there for a little while, but im back now. my addictive behaviors coming back into the picture when i sat down to a meal.... i do have those ff fudge pops in my freezer and they are sooooo good....and they do come in handy at night when you just want a desert or a treat... i go to my surgeons office tomorrow where i am pretty sure i will be getting another fill...that will certainly help any ablity to "over eat"...then on friday we leave for florida. sooo things are getting back into order..... thank you for listening!!!

TTYL

Just start fresh once you get your fill Tuesday! Often times once we get a fill we have the mental fortitude to get back on track! So enjoy your holiday (within reason) and know that you too will eventually get an adequate level of restriction that facilitates weight loss.