Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just want to talk a little

I've got a few things I wanted to share with you guys.

First, I found out yesterday that my port is detached. I was able to get my fill, but he said he'd need to repair it if we can't access it. I think I'd rather just get it fixed then always worry about it, KWIM? Plus, if I want to get pregnant, and I do, just not sure when, I definitely want that port where it can be accessed.

Secondly, I got my period back. I'm so happy about this. It's been since my early 20s, 12 years ago, that I had a regular period. I've had periods, but usually induced by hormones, etc. and had to be on fertility to get pregnant with my youngest. I just wasn't' ovulating any more from being so heavy. I stopped taking bc pills last month and was curious to see what would happen this month. Well, I got a period! Yay!

Thirdly, I ran for 20 minutes today. I'm at the end of week 5 of the Couch to 5K program. It was so amazing to complete such a huge milestone for me. I cried tears of joy when I was through. :tongue_smilie: I'm so happy to be where I am right now.

Thanks for listening.

Sorry to hear about your port. I was banded 7 years ago and had my daughter 2 years ago. The cool part was that I did not even need an adjustment to my band through the pregnancy. I only gained 10 lbs. during the gestation vs the 60lbs for my first child and 40lbs for my second. After I had her by c-section, and returned home, I was down a total of 20lbs. with a very healthy 7lb baby. Good luck with the baby whenever you decide to have one!

Hi Shiny

Not many women I know are ever 'happy' to get their period! I understand what you are saying though, and yeah for you! This is a great thing.

Port detachment - how much of a procedure is it to 'fix' the port? And is this something additional you/your insurance has to pay, or is it considered covered under the original cost? Did your doc explain how or why this would have happened?

Running for 20 minutes - WOW!!! You should be sooooo proud! I've lurked on the Cto5K thread, but just haven't got the nerve/courage/support bra to see me even starting. Then again, this time last year I wouldn't see myself even joining the Y, so who knows. Congratulations!

Wow Shiny! Those are 3 biggies for you.

Happy and sorry to hear you got your period. Must feel great knowing you're one step closer to having another child.

20 minutes? OMG! To me that's just amazing. I've just started to think that maybe one day I'll be running. I quit running about the time my boobs got big. Now with the invention of good support bras and a probably boob job in my future, I have started to think I might want to do it one day. Only problem is I hate sweating. Do you sweat a lot? Congrats, that is truly fantastic.

Detached port huh? That has to freak you out a bit. I know I was very upset when they told me they couldn't get my fill in and would have to go in and fix it. Best part is the surgery to repair it was so much easier than the first one when I got banded. I'm guess they would just open your port incision back up, reposition the port and stitch it back to the muscle, good and tight. Very, very easy surgery. I know I was exercising the day after...but I wouldn't advise it for a couple days. I managed to irritate and infect my incision from it.

Good luck on everything and keep us up to date. I'm sure you'll do absolutely fine with all of them.

This morning I'm down two pounds, putting me at 100 pounds less than my all time high of 311. :eek: So excited about that.

Have you tried a sports bra lately, Ezma? I've been surprised how well I can do and I'm still a 36 G bra. Of course the cup size isn't included on these cheapie sports bras I use, but I got a 36 and have to maneuver to get those puppies in there, but they're good and secure and I have no problems running. Wow, talking about my breasts and my period in the same thread! :w00t:

I do sweat, but not to excess. I actually enjoy seeing that I'm sweating more because usually that's a gauge of how much harder I'm working, exercise-wise. Sweating tells me I'm burning fat and I love that.

Thanks for telling me about your surgery. That helps me feel a little better about it. I am not scared about this right now, but wondering what the best way is going to be to approach dealing with it.

Have a great rest-of-your-weekend!

I'm sorry to hear about your port. It sounds like a simple fix, so I would probably want to head it off early. If you go for a fill and he can't access it, that would really stink, especially if you were lacking restriction and really needing that fill.

Congratulations on running 20 minutes! That is such a huge accomplishment! I was kind of skeptical about the Cto5K, but I've been following your progress on your blog and it really does work. I'm considering starting it, but thinking about waiting until I lose a little more weight.

Yay for periods! I've been having semi-regular periods again too. It's nice to feel normal.

I'm sorry to hear about your port. It sounds like a simple fix, so I would probably want to head it off early. If you go for a fill and he can't access it, that would really stink, especially if you were lacking restriction and really needing that fill.

Yeah, and it's a three hour drive for me to get to Denver where he is, so that would really stink!

Couch to 5 K has been amazing for me. I cannot believe the progress I've made. I also can't believe that I'm enjoying running. I used to wonder why anyone would run on purpose, but now I'm really getting into it.