Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Pills

Just wondering if anyone has tried taking Protein pills? I am tired already of having to obsess about my protein. The shakes are awful and I cannot do any sugar free except splenda. :tongue_smilie: Any suggestions and recommendations are greatly appreciated!!!

Kim

I'm also struggling with Protein. I'm very picky/sensitive to the taste of the Protein.

This shake: Premier Nutrition Protein is good. Tastes like creamy chocolate milk. It's not bad at all. I live in CO, the only place I know of to get them is costco. Going today to get a membership and some shakes. :tongue_smilie:

Also the protein bullets that are fruity. I only like the fruit punch. 1/2 in a bottle of Water, add a crystal light fruit punch to it, can't taste it. They come in grape, orange, and blue raspberry.

I don't know about pills. I'm tired of crushing/taking the ones I already have to.

Good luck! Hang in there.

I went to the store today and found greek yougart. Not bad if I say so myself, kind of thick so eating it slow but it is good, love the blueberry. Still doing research on Protein bullets and pills if I find out more I will let you know.

Kim

The 42g New Whey Protein bullets are the easiest way to get your protein. Unfortunately, they are about 3.50 each. Each bullet is only 3 oz. so it is really easy to drink it. It takes maybe 5 sips to get the whole thing down and it is more than half of what you need for the whole day. If you haven't tried them, they have a tart taste. My husband says if reminds him of a Sweet Tart. Some people complain of an aftertaste, but I don't notice it. I like the tropical punch. If you buy them make sure you get the ones that say 42g.

I think the bullets are a little less than 200 calories. I only use them now if I am not going to make my Protein intake for the day.

I am on pureed foods for 2 more weeks and I feel like I am going to go mad! It seems that I have to obsess about everything I eat and I really hate it. Everything is such a production in this stage. 1/2 can tuna here, 1 egg boiled and mashed, etc....make sure everything I have is high Protein. ugggg! I miss just being able to throw some Cereal in a bowl with some milk and eat it. The doctor never really explained why we cant eat sugar either. Can someone explain that? I am not diabetic and I am allergic to all artificial sweeteners except splenda and that tastes awful. I am ranting sorry. Getting frustrated! I want real food LOL.

Kim

For anyone interested in the New whey Protein bullets, I was emailed a GNC coupon that is good through tomorrow. It is a pdf file.

http://library.gnc.com/coupons/RBD/GNC_101708_RBD_COUPONS.pdf

That is the address to pull it up. The bullets are the 42g (make sure if you are buying the correct ones because they make some that are on 20g or so). The price is 2.09 each or 24.99 for a case of 12. That is better than the price I paid for them with my GNC gold card on bonus days. It is also cheaper than I found it online.

I am on pureed foods for 2 more weeks and I feel like I am going to go mad! It seems that I have to obsess about everything I eat and I really hate it. Everything is such a production in this stage. 1/2 can tuna here, 1 egg boiled and mashed, etc....make sure everything I have is high Protein. ugggg! I miss just being able to throw some Cereal in a bowl with some milk and eat it. The doctor never really explained why we cant eat sugar either. Can someone explain that? I am not diabetic and I am allergic to all artificial sweeteners except splenda and that tastes awful. I am ranting sorry. Getting frustrated! I want real food LOL.

Kim

You're not supposed to have sugar because it will keep you from losing weight. When I was on the liquid phase, I did eat things with sugar just to get the calories. But I think some doctors are afraid if you have sugar now, you are more likely to have it later when you can eat real food again, and that's not going to help you lose weight.

Since the band restricts that amount of food we can eat (once it is working as it should) we are supposed to be choosing foods that are good for us, and have high nutritional content, protien, fibre, Calcium, etc, etc.

Since sugar does not nourish the body in any way, we do not need it.

Thanks for the info on sugar, I will definately watch how much I eat of it.

Just wondering if anyone has tried taking Protein pills? I am tired already of having to obsess about my Protein. The shakes are awful and I cannot do any sugar free except splenda. :eek: Any suggestions and recommendations are greatly appreciated!!!

Kim

Sadly enough there is no such thing as a protein pill. But it seems that taste is your biggest factor, you should try and getting some of the tasteless ones that you can mix with everything. Search around...heres one site that have helped alot of people it might just help you.

Bariatric Advantage - Bariatric Advantage TUB Meal Replacement (Unflavored)

hi yes there is a Protein chewable pill at www.bariatricchoice.com they also have the bullets. I hear alot of people saying they have tried those and like them. But what about foods that contain protein as well. the pills only have six grams of protein in them though so not a whole lot. What Protein Powder is the best tasting one??? I will need to know this soon. I will have my surgery date on wednesday the 29th of october. thanks Julie