Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not loosing :-(

:smile2: I was banded 8.13.08. My first and only so far fill was on 9.15.08. I live in New Mexico but have to travel to Dallas, TX to see my Dr. $$$. At surgery I was @ 5.6cc, at my fill I am now 6.6cc. I don't feel any restriction unless I try to eat tortillas or bread. I have have been fluctuating 5 lbs. up and down since my fill. I actually weigh 9 lbs. more then at my fill. I think that I am eating ok....lots of Protein and very small portions. I lost 25 lbs prior to surgery...and another 15 in the following 2 weeks....but after that...NOTHING! I am scarred something might be wrong. I can't get to my Dr. until December...and I can't find a fill center anywhere close that won't want to charge me an arm and a leg. They want $600 for a fill !!!! Anyone have any suggestions? I am very discouraged at this point. I did this fluctuating thing prior to the band....seems like it's all the same viscious cycle....again!

Help me please....I try to excercise (honestly I could do better)....but even with the eating habits....shouldn't I have seen SOMETHING in this amount of time????

I would appreciate ANY insight or ideas that anyone would like to share with me!

Thank you.....Mesha:crying:

Banded: 8.13.08

Dr. Frank Felts - Dallas (WONDERFUL)!!!!!

Beg. Wt 276

Curr. Wt 240

Lowest Wt 237

hi i was banded on the same date 8/13 and i feel the same way. i lost in the first 2 weeks and then only a few pounds since. i am exercising with personal trainer. i feel no restriction, not even with bread. i can eat anything. the only thing that is different to me is that i can't swallow a pill. I am trying to be patient though and trust my Dr. I think it's going to take 2-3 adjustments to get to the right point. hang in there and try to stay off the scale. it only makes you feel bad. good luck

Thanks for the support...I am glad to know that I am not the only one. Sometimes you just need some reasurrance you know? This is so hard sometimes - most people don't understand what you are going through. To be able to share the ups and downs with people who understand makes a world of differance!

Thank you, and good luck to you too. Keep in touch, I would like to see how you do as well.

Here's looking up....for the scale to go down!!!!!:tongue_smilie:

Good Luck....

Diet pills

weight.png

Edited by ahsem2bme

Hi Guys I was banded 8/13/08 also. Mesha according to your stats you have lost 36 pounds since surgery. That is fantastic. Do a happy dance you are doing better than average. I know sometimes it is hard to look objectively at our own weight loss because we want it all gone NOW. The goal is to lose 1-2 lbs per week. It has been 9.5 weeks since surgery so the goal is to be at 9.5-19lbs lost so you are right on target.

I was banded on Aug 25 and haven't had a fill yet. I stopped losing weight too. I can eat ANYTHING, I can even take pills now. I'm not really worried about it. I figure as long as I don't gain weight then I'm good. When I get my fill then I'll lose more weight. This is not suppose to be an overnight process, we're suppose to lose the weight slowly because it's healthier. I refuse to stress over this. I can't live the rest of my life obsessed about my weight. I try to eat healthy portions and make better choices and that's it for me! Good Luck to you.

Hi -

I know you said you have been eating "well" but what is that? I have also only had 1 fill, but have not tried any bread for fear of PB or stuck.

I know my metabolism is as slow as a snail. I had a previous medical history where I needed to consult with a endocrinologist. He said that after evaluating me, I should eat between 900 and 1100 calories in order to lose weight.

I know he is right because, like all of you, I have tried every diet. I did WW and would lose the first few weeks and then would stop. They would tell me that I wasn't eating enough so I would go up to around 1400 calories and then I would gain!

I work out with a trainer as well and we have been working on what I eat as well as working out. I find that when I stay around 1000 with my exercise days and 900 without exercising works the best for me. I also make sure I get in around 60 gm of Protein.

I wish there was miracle button to get the weight off all of us!

Good luck

I had surgery on the aug 6th. I have had two fills and have no restriction. It has been a struggle just to loose 4-5 pounds a month after the first 2 weeks of liquids and mushies. I go in for my 3rd fill this coming up thursday. I am hoping I get a good fill this time, they only gave me .5 cc last time thinking I did great loosing 5 pounds, but not understanding it was me and my control, that the band wasnt control'g my hunger. I am just trying to be pacient, but I suck at that.