Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Make-up

I've become quite the minimalist since being pregnant with Dylan. I basically use Covergirl powder, black eyeliner, and my choice of purple or red lipstick.

On the days when we're not going anywhere or it's just too dern hot, I wear nothing on my face! :(

I've got foundation by Prescriptives (color: Library Paste) and Shiseido (color: Kabuki)...

OMG, I just burst out laughing!! :(:) :)

I prefer a natural look. I've been using foundation since I was 15 because it protects the skin from nature's elements and has an SPF. I've spent a fortune on expensive department store make-up, but honestly, nobody has ever noticed a difference between my $50.00 foundation or my L'Oreal from the drug store. I mash a little around on all my fingertips then dap spots all over my face, then blend blend upward & outward. Bronzer just makes you look sun-kissed and can be used on eyes, cheeks, brows for a natural, sunny look. Since my eyes are now permanently defined, I just line my lips (this keeps color from bleeding outward into cracks.) I fill my lips with all-day color, then a dab of gloss. Done.

The trick is to use what nature gave you and just bring out some highlights. The only time you should wear heavier make-up is at night.

When I was a kid I found a sample of Oil of Oley in the mail, but my mother saw me with it and snatched it away from me. She said, "THIS IS ONLY FOR GROWN-UPS!" Naturally, I snuck in her bathroom each day and massaged the naughty Fluid into my skin. That's all I've used for almost 30 years now. I've purchased other products over the years, but I always end up with the same pink bottle of Oley. It works wonders as a make-up remover. I dip a Q-tip in Oley, then roll it around my palm so it's nearly dry - perfect for cleaning up mascara from under eyes.

The only other product I've been using since the Big Bang is Jafra's Almond Oil. I keep it in the shower. While wet, put a dime size blob in your hands, rub palms together and smear all over that wet, naked bod, then air dry. Any oil will work, but skin stays soft all day with no need for lotion.

The only other product I've been using since the Big Bang is Jafra's Almond Oil. I keep it in the shower. While wet, put a dime size blob in your hands, rub palms together and smear all over that wet, naked bod, then air dry. Any oil will work, but skin stays soft all day with no need for lotion.

Sorry DeLarla, the thought of trying to air dry my body in Seattle makes me laugh... It would take HOURS

When I'm in ID I make a body scrub with the almond oil, olive oil, rough sea salt (like rock salt), epson salts and lavender. Talk about soft! I don't need it at home, but the high mountian desert just wants to desicate me.