Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gaining weight back after the band

Thanks, Sue, that's very helpful. It's wonderful that you still HAVE options, isn't it? At this point very little has been done to your anatomy and moving on won't be medically complicated.

Sue I did not know you had this problem with your band. I am so sorry but I think it is great that you have not decided to give up. "If at first you dont succeed- try try again". My hats off to you for all your efforts. Please keep us posted!

Sue, thanks for sharing your story. Although the DS is new and poses risks (like any WLS) I have read that it has a good sucess rate. Please let us know how it works for you. Thanks.

I sort of have a feeling of how it could work.

I am so close to being "NORMAL WEIGHT" that I am scared!!!! When that scare reads 168 my bmi will be 24.95 and I am "normal" and it just hit me this week and I freaked and feel that for the first time I am really scared. I wanted to eat lots of crap- (ok I had a little crap - rest won't fit thank you inamed!) Hopefully this to will pass- like the freak out when I made it to 199

I just really freaked and don't know what to do - I am also waiting for my big 1 year insight thing to hit!!!!

I guess the closest I might get to that is hey- I am only human!

This is a very interesting topic, but I also agree that we have to work along with the band. Their were two reasons I picked the band, one because it was least invasive and two, because I wanted to be able to learn how to discipline my eating habits too. Look at some of the people who have had the Gastric Bypass and gained back weight, I would feel awful if I went that route and then gained back weight. I think their is no magic bullet and everyday is a new day to make changes.

I learned that sweets and light ice cream go down really easy but I have to limit myself and gain Portion Control when it comes to this food choices.

I'm 4 months out down 30 pounds, but not official by my doctors scale yet.

Corgi

I have to say I love by band. My husband and I researched all the differnet types of surgery out there. We only felt confortable with the band because they weren't messing with any of my organs. It's completely reversable. One of aunts had the RNY and as already gained weight back. I know it can happen with me but knowing I have the band makes me think about it before I put anything in my mouth. I know it's more work on my end but that is ok..it's a lifestyle change.

Good Luck on your choice as you are the only one who know what is rigth for you.

My Dr told me that if the lap-band wasn't what I wanted that this was always the first step for me. I could choice another surgery. I told him not for me that I was going to make this work for and it was going to help me loose all the weight I want to loose.

Sue...Thanks for such a great attitude. I recently was unfilled because my reflux was so bad. I'll try again with a smaller fill down-the-road. Meanwhile, I've gained six pounds. The band does slow down our metabolism because we're taking in far fewer calories than we did pre-band. Then when you're unfilled, it's easier to gain without drastically reducing your food intake. But it feels like you're out of food jail, so that's hard. Plus, many of us have years of yo-yo dieting behind us...which doesn't make for the most efficient metabolism. I exercise, and it's still hard. Good luck to you.

Elizabeth

8-28-03