Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Upset and ready to give up

I'm ready to give up I have had one hurdle after another and I'm ready to give up.

First I had my surg rescheled because I couldn't take Medi Fast and had to just lean and grean and wasn't losing as much as she wanted.

Now I have lost 18.5 pds and surgery is suppose to be Tues. Oct 21st. Went to the Dr today for last way in and then I get home and I have a letter in the mail stating I need clearance from OB/GYN in order to have surgery.

I don't get it I meet with the Dr. last week and she never mentioned I needed anything else, just had to keep losing the weight.

Now I'm sure it will be have to be cancelled as I haven't had a visit to OB/Gyn as i have had full hystermcty several years ago and had a mamo in 2007

Totaly discourged and ready to give up. Has anybody else had this issue or also had to get clearance for this. Do see what a paps and mamo has to do with this surgery!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for rattling but I very upset and disappointed now and don't have any confidence in the Dr anymore as why would they have said something when I was in the office.

Do I say something about it or should I just let it go and let them due the surgery if they will? My fear is that I do the liquid diet all week end and they will call me monday and say I can't have it because of this.

Any advice!!!!

:wink2:

id call them right away and verify what they need so you can ensure your surgery doesnt get rescheduled.

WHO said you have to have clearance; your surgeon, or your insurance? If it is your insurance it's likely your surgeon had no idea and it isn't something she could've told you about.

I would call insurance and find out WHY on earth you have to have an ob/gyn sign off for lap band surgery...I know they are all different but that is a new one on me. I haven't had a mammogram in 4-5 years.

Maybe they just want to know why you had your hysterectomy? Beats me, anyway, but I'd call whomever sent the letter and ask then "WHAT is this mess?" Good luck

The bariatric center that I go to requires a current mammo gram and pap smear. I had my mammo in 2008 already and I don't need a pap because I had a hysterectomy. The doctor was okay with that and did not make me do a pap test. However, if you still have your uterus they make you do the pap before surgery at the center I go to. Plus, you must have a current mammo or no surgery.

Hi Susan...

Sorry for all you are dealing with. I have to ask since we are in pretty much the same area, are you going through Ellis Hosp? If so I guess I best be prepared :)

Good luck to you

Annie

Yes I'm going to Ellis with Dr. Ingram. But I called and they said since I had a hystertomy i don't need it. Which I told them before that I had but I guess it wan't in the records. Thank goodness!!! Everything is all set for Tues.

Thanks, I did call them and I don't need it becasue I had a hystertomy which I gues was not indicated in my chart.

Question thou how did you get the tickler weight loss to show up, I can't find you paste i made one but don't where to put it thanks