Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soups

Guest Leslie2Lose

Guest Leslie2Lose

Three Bean Chili

This is a recipe I have from my old WW days. It is really good!

2 TSP Olive Oil

1/4 Diced Onion (I use the frozen or pre-cut from Publix)

1 Can Diced Tomatoes (you can use two)

1 Can Lite Red Kidney Beans

1 Can Chic Peas

1 Can White Beans

1 Pound Ground Turkey (Optional)

Garlic (to taste)

1 Packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix

Brown Onions in Olive Oil and add Ground Turkey until done in a Large Pot. Dump everything else. Do not drain cans. Heat for 30 minutes (or until warm). Eat.

I'm not much of a cook, but this is so easy to make and freezes well too. I know it has tons of Protein and is low in calories. I tried to calculate on dailyplate but it didn't look right.

Avgolemono Soup

Makes about 7 one cup servings

This is a Greek dish from an old Weight Watcher cookbook.

5 c f/f chicken broth

6 T long grain rice *

3 large eggs

1/4 c fresh lemon juice

1/8 tsp ground pepper

1. In a large sauce pan, bring broth to a boil over med-hi heat. Add the rice; reduce heat to med-low and simmer, covered, 20 minutes. *

2. Meanwhile, combine the eggs, lemon juice, and pepper in medium bowl; whisk until frothy. Gradually add 2 cups of hot broth to the egg mixture, whisking constantly to keep eggs from curdling. Pour egg mixture into the sauce pain and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute longer. Serve immediately.

*I don't add rice to the Soup, I just skip that step. I make rice separately or I make this soup when I have left over rice. That way I can control how much I put in. You can also add cooked, diced chicken. It's delicious.

Per 1 c serving w/o rice: 47 cal; 2 g fat; 4 g protein; 0 g Fiber

Beef Lentil Soup

4 c beef broth

1/4 c dry lentils

1/4 c dry brown rice

1 can Italian diced tomatoes **

2 c chopped fresh spinach

4 oz left over roast beef

1 T Italian seasoning

Bring broth to a boil. Add lentils and brown rice. Reduce heat, cover, and cook until tender (If you like your lentils a little firmer, wait about 10 min before adding them to the broth). Add other ingredients. Simmer for 15 minutes or so.

I like this soup made with left over beef, but it's also good vegetarian. I also add a few garlic flavored croutons to my bowl.

**I don't like chunks of tomatoes, so after I add them I run the hand-held blender through the soup before adding everything else. It makes the soup thicker also.

According to dailyplate per 1 c serving: 146 cals; 4 g fat; 11 g Protein. I think it's probably a little lower as I use very lean roast beef. If it's vegetarian, it would definately be lower.