Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am nervous!

I have been banded for 1 1/2 weeks now and I have done a silly thing. I only managed to stay on liquids for about 6 days and I went onto mushies for a day or so but I have been eating normal foods. Sure I have been chewing the food up a lot but I am worried I may have done something to ruin the band. I have been feeling perfectly fine and I haven't PB'd at all but now I am furious at myself and worried that I may have ruined everything and thrown $12,000 down the drain.

I just don't know what to do now? Do I go back on mushies? but what is the point if the damage is done?

Not looking for 'I told you so' responses but more a little advice.

Thanx

I won't say I dtold you so coz I pretty much did the same thing, I went on mushies after about a week, then started eating normal foods. I think if you aren't pbing and you are chewing well you should be fine. Don't worry too much, any normal person would be craving real food after a week.

If you are worried, maybe call your doctor or your dietician. How long were you instructed to stay on liquids/mushies for?

Good luck:thumbs_up:

i would follow exactly what your dr told you to do. you have only done a week or so, i had to follow fluids for 3 weeks. the problem is that if you dont allow your sutures to anchor in properly, and form the correct amount of scar tissue, you could have a much more increased risk of slippage, and other complications down the track, you dont want the firt time you do a PB, you end up with a slip do you.

Please do the right thing and stay on liquids for the required time.

I did and it was hard but like the above comment, if you are eating normally you have an increased risk of slippage.

The stitches need to heal, you would only be only giving them extra stress right now.

You won't damage the band. Might damage your stomach though.

Maybe you should schedule an appointment with the psychologist. This might have simply been you being 'fed up' (pardon the pun) with not having 'real' food, or it might have been a sabotage tactic. If its the later, then you need to look at why you did it now, before it becomes a habit.

Otherwise, just contact your surgeon and maybe get in for a visit to check on things.

your not likely to experience a p/b as you have no restriction

the only restriction will be from the remaining swelling

do follow your doc's routine it is only for a short time till your insides have fully healed and the sutures adhered completely

go back to fluids/mushies as directed...your new tummy isnt ready at this time for the added weight of ordinary foods

its easy to go of track but just continue following the rules and you should be fine

Leeanne