Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Beach Diet Plan

How is everyone doing?

I lost a pound! Yay! I'm now 210. Inching ever so much closer to Onederland.

I mixed things up this morning and had some cottage cheese with tomatoes and little bit of avocado. It was good. Exercise is done and hopefully I can figure out some good meals for lunch and dinner. I'm going to go look at that recipe link above.

Yummy. It think I'll have that for lunch Shiny. Sounds so good and I have it all at home if the tomatoes are still good.

I was up half a pound today. Not sure why but not worried about it either. I could feel the ketosis kicking in. Today is the first day I haven't been hungry and I feel much better except for this cold that's threatening to get me. I'm not craving the carbs right now either. I am having a hard time cause I'm burning out on eggs and meat. I need to shake things up too as far as recipes.

This diet really does work. Once you get past phase 1, it's not that bad at all. I have been following this diet pretty much since I had surgery.

Are any of you planning on staying on Phase 1 longer than the 2 weeks? I'm not sure yet. Figure I want to try and get thru them first. If the weight loss is great I'm sure I'll be tempted to stay on it longer but I really, really miss my fruit.< /p>

Today felt like it went really well for me. I stepped on the scale in the afternoon and was down. Usually if I weigh in the afternoon I'm down 1-4 pounds from that in the morning. I have my fingers crossed really hard right now. I didn't lose any weight over the past month so it will feel so good to be on the right track again.

I love this diet!!!! I lost 2.8 pounds now. Feels like I'm back in the weight loss grove and I feel much better now. Dang, it's sad how toxic bad carbs are to me. They taste wonderful and I love them but they really do make me feel awful. I know most of you guys only weigh once a week but how is everyone doing or feeling?

I've started weighing daily again because I'm not on a plateau right now and it's helpful and motivating to see the scale move. I lost another two pounds. :eek: I'm really enjoying seeing this weight coming off. Maybe I'll stick with it for a second week, I'm not sure. I know I need to start getting carbs because I'm running and that's important fuel for that. My nutritionist was enthusiastic about phase 2, but not phase 1 of this plan for that reason. Anyway, I'm very happy about this right now.

I'm having the same thing for Breakfast today that I did yesterday. Don't know about the rest of the day.

Doing great Shiny!!! Couple more days like that and you'll be a total of 100 pounds lighter. Bet you're getting excited about that. Two more for me and I'll only have 100 left to go. Okay, not gonna say that again, it doesn't sound as much fun as it did when I set that goal.

I had Jimmy Dean ham and cheese omelet this morning, 1/2 cup fat free yogurt for Breakfast. I had a low fat string cheese and a cucumber for snack. Thinking about lunch but not sure what I'm gonna do there. I have some roast beef lunch meat or some chicken. Tonight I know I'm gonna have stuffed bell peppers. Last night I made the mashed cauliflower made like mashed potatoes. I was really good, almost tasted like mashed potatoes too, just a hint of cauliflower taste. Yummy

Are any of you planning on staying on Phase 1 longer than the 2 weeks? I'm not sure yet. Figure I want to try and get thru them first. If the weight loss is great I'm sure I'll be tempted to stay on it longer but I really, really miss my fruit.

Today felt like it went really well for me. I stepped on the scale in the afternoon and was down. Usually if I weigh in the afternoon I'm down 1-4 pounds from that in the morning. I have my fingers crossed really hard right now. I didn't lose any weight over the past month so it will feel so good to be on the right track again.

No, you don't want to do that. If you read the book, he clearly says NOT to stay on that phase one for more than two weeks because your body will go into starvation mode and you won't lose anymore. You need to add carbs and stuff back into your diet.. a little at a time. Also, in the future if you decide to go back to Phase one you can, but you should only do a week of it. I believe in phase two you can have like one serving of fruit and two carbs equalling like two pieces of whole wheat bread... or something like that. I can't remember exactly, but close to that.

I had Jimmy Dean ham and cheese omelet this morning, 1/2 cup fat free yogurt for breakfast. I had a low fat string cheese and a cucumber for snack. Thinking about lunch but not sure what I'm gonna do there. I have some roast beef lunch meat or some chicken. Tonight I know I'm gonna have stuffed bell peppers. Last night I made the mashed cauliflower made like mashed potatoes. I was really good, almost tasted like mashed potatoes too, just a hint of cauliflower taste. Yummy

Some other great things to try is blackeyed peas with a tinge of salsa and some green Beans.. I also have a recipe to a crustless quiche that is AWESOME if you want that. I can't get eggs down, so I can't make it anymore, but it was really good. Also, I haven't heard ya'll mentioning the nuts. You can have nuts and pisatchios, etc.. there is a limit to them, but you can have them as a great snack.

Well, sadly but not unexpectedly, I'm up .4 pound today. Of course I was hoping to have lost more but it's not surprising at all to me. My weight seems to bounce up and down a lot when I'm losing so I just look at it as a sign that things are going as they should be. Had a little more hunger yesterday so I ended up eating a bit more. Add to that the lovely Constipation effect of the diet. I upped my Fiber and have tried to up my Water but I think that I forget sometimes since I'm not very thirsty. Gonna have to get myself some shiny bracelets I think.

Will try to keep my carbs very low today since I plan to have my iced coffee this morning. It's not that bad for calories or carbs in the real world but the half and half in it gives it 16 grams of carbs which is a little over a third of the max I want in a day now.

Off to exercise. Have a good day guys.

How's everyone doing? In fact, how many of us ended up doing South Beach? I'd love it if everyone reports there loss so far on Monday. That would be a week into it and we can see how everyone is doing. It looks like I'm gonna be on the low side of their estimated 8-14 pounds in the two weeks but I'm truly ecstatic that the scale has moved at all. Very happy about the 3.2 pounds I've lost in 5 days.

I'm still a bit bored with the food but then I haven't really made much of an effort to find exciting things to eat. Maybe now that the weekend is here I will become more creative with the food. Yesterday I tried to keep the cholesterol and fat lower and that worked pretty well. Without eggs in my diet my cholesterol was at 116% of daily needs or 348 mg and my fat was 64% or 42g. It's still higher than normal for me but I expected it on this diet. Phase 2 will be much better since it's basically what I loot at as normal eating for me. I still haven't decided how long I'll stay on Phase 1 yet. I did some research and the Dr that wrote the book says you can stay on Phase 1 for up to 2 months only if you have a large amount of weight to lose. I'd say I still qualify for that but I really do miss my fruit. Don't really care that much about the grains but I needs me some fruit.

Today's my shopping and cleaning day so I don't exercise but I just might throw some in later on since I'm on a big push to get under 100 left to lose.

Let me know how all of you are doing and have a great weekend.

It's a good morning. I'm down a total of 4.2 pounds now. Not bad in 6 days. Yay South Beach! I can tell this will be my go to everytime I need to get myself back in line and kick a carb addiction. Best part is I feel good again too. I have more energy and just feel better.

Another biggie for me today is that I reached another goal. I now only have 100 pounds to lose. Tomorrow it will hopefully be less than 100. I know that's still a lot but it will come off. I'm sure of it. Yay me!

Has anyone tried the ricotta Desserts for phase 1 yet? I've had one before with strawberries and ricotta but it had honey and fruit in it and it wasn't South Beach friendly. But it was oh, so good. Tonight I'm gonna try either the mocha or lemon one. Looking forward to it.

Ezma,

I did South Beach long before being banded. The ricotta cheese dessert is awesome! My favorite is the Mocha one...I changed it up a bit though.

I put in instant coffee (instead of espresso powder)

I added almond extract (just a tad)

I use Splenda

Now here's the part I added sometimes to really change it up....occasionally, I would put some chocoloate chips into the food processor and sprinkle some of them on the top! So yummy!

Hi Guys.

Had a busy day yesterday, so I didn't check in. My weight has been steady at 208 every day since I hit it. I love that. It tells me I really did hit this weight, and that it's not a fluke. Hopefully I'll see some more loss soon.

We had an annual harvest party for our church yesterday, so I gave myself the afternoon off from sticking to the South Beach. I had dessert, but I did stick to a low carb meal choice of chili with cheese. I was happy to still see that 208 this morning. The cool thing is that I'm not having trouble staying on plan today which I was worried about a little.

I'll count tomorrow as the official weight, but as of right now I've lost 3 pounds since starting this. I did loose two pounds over the previous weekend from getting a fill, so I've lost five in the last 9 days. That's so fun. I'll let you guys know what tomorrow brings.

I just accepted a job catering for a local shop that's having an open house in a couple of weeks. We are in the planning phase right now, trying to figure out recipes, etc. I can't not taste what I'm cooking, so I'm going to have to not be perfect this week on my eating plan. We'll see how things go. Ideally, I'd like to make sure I'm still eating on track for what I can do,, and then just treat the tasting I need to do as just part of a job, not a binge! Wish me luck!