Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

South Beach Diet Plan

I will keep reading the thread Ezma, encouraging you onwards and downwards! I hope the transition phase is easier, and that given its similarity to your doc's plans, your body will behave nicely!

Thanks Tap :thumbup: Keep thinking about you because I'm getting hooked on dry roasted sunflower seeds. Don't think I have to worry about it too much though because I'm not a big nut person.

It's been helpful to post here so I can go back and see how much I lost or gained, etc. Looking forward to my fruit on Tuesday or Wednesday if I get a fill Tuesday morning. I haven't decided if I want one or not. I have a little room but if I don't pay attention I get stuck and it hurts and I feel like I'm gonna puke for about 5-10 minutes.

Seeds aren't nuts - trust me on this!!!! But I can certainly understand an addiction switch, but the nuts ARE much better for you than the demon ice-cream.

If you are undecided, what would make you decide one way or another?

I always seem to lose 4 or 5 pounds the week I get a fill so that part makes me want one. I don't think it's just the day of mushies I do.

I don't want one because I can live with how tight it is right now but might not be able to stand eating if it gets too much tighter. I am a bit looser than I was right after the fill so maybe a .5 or even .25 might do it. Guess I'll just let the doctor be in charge. LOL

Down another 1.8 this morning and think it was down .8 yesterday. Anyway, I'm now down a total of 9 pounds since starting this diet. Would have been nice if I hadn't cheated and had to lose 3 pounds twice. Oh well, it's all a learning process and I needed to learn how bad my body reacts to bad carbs. I'm really looking forward to that fruit when I switch to phase 2 on Tuesday. Have I said that often enough? LOL

That's great, Ezma! Part of me says, why not do it for 2 weeks and see what happens, but then the more 'experienced' side of my mind says, but once it is done, you will revert to old habits and negate the whole investment.

Great for you though. And yes, that first piece of fruit will be very pleasureable, won't it??

Well, I'm up a full pound today. This is the most bounce around weight loss I've ever seen. I'm sure it's natural but it's just so chaotic. I've been really, really good on it since Monday so there doesn't seem to be any reason to gain. But since it's been going up every few days I'm just gonna have to assume that the way my body loses on this thing. I'm sure I'll be down again tomorrow and Monday is the last day of phase 1. Woot!

Okay, now I'm just completely confused. This morning I was up another 2 pounds. I've been following the diet with no cheating for the last week and I've only lost 2 pounds from last Monday until now and gained 3 in the last two days. What the heck? Maybe the battery in my scale is going out because I got a couple different weights this morning but do think it was accurate in the end. I'll know tomorrow when I get weighed in the doctor's office. If today was correct I've lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks with two days in the middle that I cheated slightly. Well, if nothing else, the diet showed me that I can lose weight again and helped me see how bad simple carbs are for me. At least I feel better now.

Going to go on phase 2 tomorrow. That should be a piece of cake. Well, no cake but should be easy. It's pretty much the way I want to eat anyway. Only problem I have with it is the artificial sweetners. The fruit should help me get rid of most of it but I still need some sweet in my coffee. It's the price I'm going to have to pay to get rid of this weight I guess.

Sweetner in coffee - ICK!! I like my coffee strong with no additives - no sweetner, no flavors, no cream. Just coffee. Strong hot coffee.

Other than that, if the plan is close to what your doc says is how to eat, then you should be good to go.

Down 1.6 this morning but still up 1.4 from my lowest point. Switched to phase II today and boy or boy do strawberries taste great. I'm amazed that I didn't cheat at all this last week or so. I've been extremely tempted because my husband is back in the hospital again. This time it's due to a blood clot in his leg. They are supposed to put a filter thing in today since the normal long term blood thinner they use doesn't react well with his chemotherapy. I knew something was wrong the past weekend because he was so down and tired, he was running a fever and the back of his calf thigh and behind his knee was hot, angry red and super sore. I'm really getting tired of hospitals and I get to go rip someone a new hole this morning. They tried to give him the wrong dose of chemo and wouldn't listen when he told them it was wrong plus the pain meds they gave him weren't doing much and they wouldn't get new orders for something different. They did finally give him the right dosage of chemo but it was 2.5 hours late. Plus on top of that, he's still sitting in an ER room because they don't have a hospital room for him yet. Makes me so sad to see him feel like no one wants to care for him because he's dying anyway. Man do I want some ice cream! But I am stronger than my cravings~!

Ezma, I am sorry to hear of the trials and tribulations you and your hubby are having! Did anyone at least have the decency to apologize for trying to give him the wrong chemo? Remind the care team that it is his body, and HE controls what is done, and to disrespect that is both ethically/professionally WRONG and illegal. If reasoning/ explaining doesn't work, use the legal action card - it will cause them to rethink what they are doing!

And no matter what stage of life your DH is in, he is still living and therefore deserving of respect. He may have a disease, but he is still living, not dying.

OK rant over...I just have had too much experience with hospitals, and certainly having spent way too much time seeing how the care team can treat patients, and have become quite adamant in my time on how (and how not) to treat the person.

He may have a disease, but he is still living, not dying.

Thank you Tap. I really needed to hear that today, more than you will ever know. Thanks.