Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

skylady, your hunger will go away.. Just have the will power to make it a few more days.. You will be so sick of Protein Shakes you can think staight, but you wont be feeling hungry AND when you can finally eat MUSHIES.. you will be in heaven ha ha.. I know I was.. Good Luck... and best wishes

I definitely went through a "mourning" stage of the food I used to eat.

It has been 7 weeks since I have had my surgery and it definitely gets a lot better.

Good luck on Friday - It is normal how you are feeling!

I keep thinking, ok this is it, after this I wouldnt be able to eat bread from what I read here.... then I still can. OK after this, one last meal before my fill, then I wouldnt be able to, ok next fill.

So far I can still eat anything lol. (unfortunately). It will be some time before your fills are tight enough, more than likely, before you will have to be giving up some type of food, and then they claim you wouldnt be hungry so wouldnt miss it.

Some people NEVER have issues and can eat anything, just in smaller amounts. Some people seem to PB EVERYTHING. The "take home" on this is we're all different!

My doctor told me to wait and see how things were FOR ME before I flipped out. He said aside from stringy red beef, and maybe white bread, most of his patients say they have no problems.

He reminded me that the point of the band is Portion Control and satiety, not banning foods.

You have to remember to read this type of web site and all the posts (yes even mine! LOL) with a grain of salt. Check with your surgeon. Follow HIS recommendations, and you'll be fine.

Being 9 months out, I will tell you my experience. I did go through a period of missing my favorite foods. I thought I would die without my Diet Pepsi.....the funny thing is I really miss neither now. I can't explain why, but it must have to do with not having that starving feeling. I have tried diets all of my life and always craved food and would give in to temptation. Now, I just don't miss it. If there is something I want, I have it, but am satisfied with a couple bites instead of the whole plate. You will get there, just give it time:)

I'm trying to think of this as an adventure. Even though I'm only on the pre-op diet, I'm eating differently than normal (obviously). I just bought a Magic Bullet blender and LOVE reading the recipes in the booket that comes with it. I am SO ready to try out some new things on my poor family! lol

It is all SO worth it...YOU are worth it!

Hugs,

Anne

Edited by annecolorgreen

skylady, best of luck to you! you might miss those sweet treats now but in a few short weeks you might be able to have a small bit and feel better... trust me when i was in my last days of the pre op before surgery my husband and son ate a giant chez burger in front of me (i couldn't have bread or red meat)... i was afraid i'd miss surgery b/c i'd be in jail for beating them both!!!! lol but i know that in just 10 days i'll be able to have some and it will be okay!

just keep up the awesome work you are doing now!