Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No stitches just glue???

I was banded yesterday oct 14, my Dr. told me to remove the tape over my incisions today and that there were no stitches just glue.. im freaking out thinking my stomach is going to rip open. Any one else go threw this?

I was also glued shut instead of stitches. I did not have any problem. Just let the glue residue come off by itself - don't pick it off. I tried that and started seeping on one incision.

I'm glued. Pretty common these days. When I took the bandages off night before last, I saw a little spot that was open (kinda overdid it physically 2 days post-op) on the largest incision. I just glued it back up myself (with nail glue lol) and put on some butterfly strips. Good as new! :)

I was glued. You will not rip open. Just don't over due it. I also had some spoting around the larger incision, I just put a band-aid on the incision and it was fine. As momcof3 said DO NOT PICK at the glue it it come off by its self.

RELAX it will be fine.

Good luck.

I was "put together" with glue two weeks ago. Just fine, Mine started itching a little bit, had to remind myself not to scratch

I was also glued. My large incision did open up about half an inch but the Dr said it was fine and it would just heal from the inside out. I had the same thing happen with my c-section. I just put steri strips on it though.

I was glued too...

teri

i wish i was glued, just take it easy. i have tons of staples i have to go back and get removed!

Good question... I was banded on 10/13 I am glued and only have tape over my glued port incision. They didn't say anything to me about taking the tape off. Should I take it off or just wait until it peels off on its own?

Howdy peeps!

Yup I had surgery on Monday and my doctor gave me interior dissolvable stiches and then glued my incisions shut.

I waited a day and a half before my first shower, but I could tell the incisions were just kinda crusty and was a little aftaid they would pop open. I've covered them all loosely with band aids and somehow that makes me feel better :)