Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessing, Then Moving On

Ashleyrenee~ Hang in there! You need to start making better choices right now! Don't let what you did today, yesterday and the day before color where you are headed NOW.

Make a plan for what you will eat, measure your food out and make sure you are getting your Water in! Try to get out and exercise when you feel like eating. That is always the hardest part! I want to come home from work and plop down and eat. I change as soon as I walk in the house and head out the door for my walk/run. I always feel better when I get home!

Make some good choices and don't put yourself down, you are human and you will make mistakes!

i over ate last night...it was my birthday and after i ate my hamburger without a bun, a couple of spoonfuls of mashed potatoes and some cooked carrots...i had a piece of cake...not too big...but still a piece of cake.

but like you all have said...we're human and sometimes don't always make the best choices...but today is another day...and so far so good!

take care of yourselves that's what's important...sometimes we don't take the time we need or take care of others first. that's important...but so are we! that's why we did this...for ourselves so that we can feel better and be healthly...

:wink_smile:

The post about bunco made me laugh cause I did the same thing last night and ate the same candies!

I've had the same experience, in that I feel really guilty like I'm making poor food choices and eating too much but the truth is that my food choices aren't perfect but they're better than before and I really am eating less than before the band.

That's what's so great about this forum, it helps us put things in perspective again. I don't know about anyone else but I'm so used to criticizing myself (I've done it for Years) about what I eat, when I eat and how much that it just comes natural.

I got online cause my mom is making herself some dinner (yes, this late at night) and offered me some and it smells great BUT I already ate dinner AND I'm not hungry. So far, so good. Today in this one situation I made a good decision hopefully it helps offset so many of the bad ones. LOL!

UGH! Not feeling so good right now. Came home starving (first mistake), had some leftover chicken enchilada casserole (yumm!), then got into an open bag of chips (second mistake). Instead of taking a few chips and putting the bag away (third mistake), I wanted to see what Giada was cooking on TV and took the bag with me (fourth mistake). Next thing I know, I'm sitting on the couch, with an empty bag of chips (fifth mistake)!

Now, I don't look at food as good or bad foods, I look at the choices and I made several bad choices. Having a few chips once in awhile isn't a bad thing. Taking the bag to the living-room and sitting on the couch with it, IS!!

I'm now not feeling so good. Over-full and irritated! I've been making good choices and feeling pretty good about things and working on how I make choices and what I eat. I don't even eat chips that often anymore! Granted, they had a couple of grams of Protein, so I guess a couple of good things came from this. I got a dozen grams of Protein in with all the servings I had AND I learned that I MUST be more conscious of what I'm doing when it comes to food.< /span>

Anyway, I'm moving on now. Just needed to put it out there! Thanks!

Yum...chicken enchilada casserole sounds great, will you post the recipe plz?

Yum...chicken enchilada casserole sounds great, will you post the recipe plz?

I got it off of this site. Just do a search for it. It's the title of the thread. I still have some in the freezer and I'll finish it off this week. Sooo good!!