Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intro/Banding Date - Halloween

Hello, Everyone,

I'm a 61 yo grandma who is scheduled for banding 10/31. I've just started the liquid diet and was wondering if anyone knows if creamed Soups are allowed?

I've been working toward this for nearly a year and just got final approval today. Hooray! At least I might not have to be buried in an oversized coffin! LOL

Linda :biggrin:

The only thing I had on the liquid diet apart from Water, green and black tea with no fat milk, was Optifast for meals.. the reason I was given was to reduce the size of the liver - ie get rid of fatty liver - I would think creamed anything would have high carbs and fat in it, and I personally would steer clear of anything creamy that was not a specific diet drink with little or no fat... but that was me, and the surgeon was really pleased with the pre-op preparation and said it made the operation much easier and faster with the fat gone out of the liver. best wishes for your future weight loss.

The only thing I had on the liquid diet apart from Water, green and black tea with no fat milk, was Optifast for meals.. the reason I was given was to reduce the size of the liver - ie get rid of fatty liver - I would think creamed anything would have high carbs and fat in it, and I personally would steer clear of anything creamy that was not a specific diet drink with little or no fat... but that was me, and the surgeon was really pleased with the pre-op preparation and said it made the operation much easier and faster with the fat gone out of the liver. best wishes for your future weight loss.

Thanks. That's what I thought. It's really getting tough, though!!:w00t:

Hi, back again... one thing I did do (and I have never been a fan of raw eggs) I have added a raw egg to the vanilla Optifast and once shaken up found it to be OK... so for a couple of days a week on the pre-op I did add a raw egg into the mix - mainly for the Protein. While a lot things have been said about egg and cholesterol, I have recently read a report that said that the fat in eggs does not infact impact on your cholesterol, and those that eat a lot of eggs in fact lower their cholesterol. I am an avid egg eater and my cholesterol has always been very very low... so eggs for me were a saving grace, and on the odd occasion now that I have an optifast (as I enjoy them - maybe for brekky or lunch now and again, I always pop an egg in) hope that might help as well.... How are you going now... you are closer to your band date and must be quite excited.... Cheers for now, Trish.