Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Surgical Center in Hurst

Just thought I'd let anyone looking for a place to be banded know there is a new Specialty Surgical Center of Fort Worth in Hurst off of Precinct Line Rd. Dr. Carter does his bands and fills there now. I heard it advertised on the radio this morning. I went there on Monday for a fill as well. Very nice place.

More info here http://www.carterlapband.com/ Dr. Carter is great!!!!

That's where my dr., Dr. Marsden, does his lapbands, too! I have reservations for a seminar on the 13th of July. Tell me more! Cindy

Guest divapaw

Hey guys....My name is Patty Waldrop and I am the Lap-Band Program Coordinator for the Specialty Surgery Center of Fort Worth....I'm so glad to hear nice things being said about our center!!!

I am a band patient too. If there is anything I can help you with..please do not hesitate to call me! 817-520-5404

Patty

Hi, Patty! I guess I'll probably see you on the 13th. Vicky at Dr. Marsden's office said if your place wasn't "in network" for me, they would do something so I am not penalized. Do you know what that means?

I've heard great things about your center...how many surgeries (lapband) are done each day? Thanks, Cindy

Guest divapaw

Hey there Cindy!

Since I am not in the Business Office, I am not the expert in the area of in-network vs out of network. Please call Rhonda here at the office at 817-520-5400 and she can help you.

Please stop me when you come in for your fill so we can chat!!! I look forward to meeting you soon!

Have a wonderful 4th of July!!

Patty Waldrop

Hey You All, I Went To A Seminar There A Couple Of Months Ago With Dr. Marsden And Patty. You Were Very Informative And You Have Done A Great Job Of Losing Wt Patty. I Look Forward To Seeing You Again Soon When I Get Banded. It's A Really Nice Place. We Got To Go Back To Where They Do The Surgeries, Well The Recovery Room And The Pre Op Room It Is Very Nice.... Jamie

Guest divapaw

Jamie,

Thanks for the nice comments. I have been very please with my success...it wasn't always easy...but the payoff is well worth it! Talk to ya soon!

Patty

I go for a fill today. I had my second fill on June 14 but I don't feel any restriction so I asked Dr. Carter for another fill and he set up the appointment for me at the Surgical Center. I actually went last Monday to get the fill but they wouldn't let me because my blood pressure was way high! 169/110. They said with the swelling I could possible PB and have a stroke. I was disappointed because I really wanted the fill but after thinking about it I am glad they were looking out for my health and not my money! So I scheduled a Dr. appointment for the next day and got some BP medicine and my wife(who is an LVN) took my BP yesterday and it was 113/70! So even though they didn't give me a fill, they helped me get my health in order. :(

Patty.. I live in Hurst and so your center would be very closeby.. what Im wondering is if your center does fills if another dr did the surgery?

Patty, I will be there this Wednesday evening. Even though my Mom did not make it, and pased away last week, my husband says we are going to follow through with this for MY health...so onward we go. I hope to see you then, Cindy

Just wanted you to know that the seminar was great, and even fun! YOu look great, and I just can't imagine wearing a size 6, EVER!

Bettyann, I wish I had known who you were...would have said hi!

I have my date set...July 22!

Mousecrazy.. I was there!!.. wish I had known you would be there too.. And Patty you look great!! I saw your before and after pictures and I can say you look like 2 totally different people..

I am so excited about this and may have a chance at this with insurance.. so I will definitely be on the phone tomorrow to see what I can do.. If not, then it is cash.. so I will begin my savings.. should hopefully have by March as a last resort.. so wish me well..