Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

COuld I have slipped the band?

I just had a fill about 10 days ago. It was my second fill, and I am up to 5 cc. Water went down fine as did liquids for day 1 and 2. Mushies were a bit harder day 3 and 4 as I ate a bit too fast or they were not mushie enough. But solids have been difficult. (They were the last time as well and it took me like two to three weeks to get to a comfort zone.) But this time I have had some real vomiting experiences. I have had this really full feeling for about 24 hours. Feels like the food is at the top of my stomach and end of my esophogus. I really don't want to unfill if this will pass. But I cannot seem to eat much at all. Had 1/2 an egg and 1/2 slice of cheee for Breakfast and then a few almonds a few minutes ago. That is all along with some coffee and juice and I feel like I have eaten Thanksgiving dinner. I did have some PB late morning and then an actual wretch....UGHHH I am so scared I slipped the band. What does that actually feel like? Anyone know?

CIndi

Guest abs-of-steel

I had a slipped band about a month ago. I ended up pb'ng or vomitting everything I ate, even liquids. I couldn't keep anything down and always felt full. When I laid down, I would get acid reflux. I did not have any pains with it though. I went to the doc thinking I just had something stuck, and instead found out I had a slip. A slip isn't actually the band moving, it is the stomach tissue moving up or down inside the pouch. My slip was caused by the vomitting. My doc drained me (except for 1cc) and made me wait for 2 weeks to see if it would correct itself. I was told to only eat 1-2oz a meal NO MORE. And a liquid diet will do nothing to correct it, the food will help drag it back into place. So, after 2 weeks, I went back on the 3rd and found out that I am extremely lucky and the unfill did allow the slip to correct itself. However, I am now, and forever, limited to the only 1-2oz a meal. That way I do not run the risk of my pouch getting too full and the stomach tissue coming back up. Plus, I should NEVER at all costs vomit again. ugh

Moral of the story, if you are vomitting, get it looked into, hopefully a little unfill can fix it without you getting a slip if it isn't too late.

BEING TOO TIGHT IS NOT WHAT ANYONE SHOULD AIM FOR. IT ISN"T GOOD!!!

good luck to ya!

Congrats on your great loss thus far! I don't think one pb episode can cause a slip. I think it takes many a pb and being to tightly restricted for a long amount of time. I guess the thing to consider is are u totally unable to tolerate solids or are u able to just consume a small amount? Ive always been told that when properly restricted i should not be able to eat more then a half a cup of food at a sitting. I still find myself having the mentality that i should be able to eat more then i do a reality check and say wow i guess this thing really is working because after 5 or 6 bites i am done! Do i still want more YES i sure do but thank god i have my band to stop me dead in my tracks.

Yeah..I definately need an unfill. I just hope I haven't had a slip. It was not just one PB..I have PB all the time...well a lot. But today I had a half of an egg with 1/2 slice cheese...threw it up....8 almonds..threw it up...1/2 of yoplait yogurt (3 oz?)...pbed it...so...even Water is difficult today... I am really really scared.

CIndi