Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to group and banding soon!!

I have just been approved for Lap band a couple weeks ago and went through all the test and pre-op and am set for my lap band on Tuesday, 10/14/08 and am so excited and a bit nervous too I will admit :thumbup:

Any info I can get from others about what to expect with surgery and the first few days would be great. I have a local support group through the doctor I am using Dr. Brad Ray but every bit helps. I live in Indiana and am married (30 years) and have 2 grown kids and lots of health problems I'm hoping to improve on,now is my time!!

Welcome! I'm 53 and was banded 8/29. While I'd be glad to answer your questions, this link has pages of "surgery day stories" that should answer most of your questions. If not, you may PM (private message!) me or post here and I'll help if I can! Good luck!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/surgery-day-stories-64287/

Hi HunnyBunny! I'm new around here too. I'm from Missouri, have been married 22 years and have two kids (my baby is a Senior in high school this year). I see that you and I share the same band date. I think most of us newbies feel the same waiting for the band, I know I do. I hear the gas :) is really bad afterwards from surgery itself. I figure if that's the only "complication" I have I'll be happy. The nurse told me during my pre-op test last Thursday to just belch and walk, belch and walk. :thumbup: LOL I'll do whatever it takes to get rid of it. I had my gallbladder removed about 18 years ago and the only thing I remember about it was the gas too. Good Luck on Tuesday! :smile2:

Edited by DuckyH

DuckyH not everyone has bad gas pains; I didn't! I slept on my side the 1st night (night of my surgery....although I did use a pillow to brace my torso!) and night 2 I slept on my tummy(as is usual for me). I used 2 doses of "heavy duty" pain medication and otherwise did fine with tylenol. I felt great, no nausea, no issues. I hope you both have an easy surgery and recovery like I did! :thumbup: Honestly the head cold I got on 9/16 caused me more misery and distress than getting the band has done! :smile2:

I hope you are right! I also hope we have as easy as a time as you did. It's nice hear about those who say they didn't much to complain about. :eek: I also try to remember too that everyones pain thresh holds are different. My hubby moves around a lot when he sleeps so I'll for sure be using an extra pillow or two for protection. :crying: Thanks for the info.

hi

i have been baned since oct.06. i just now have started having problems with my band. let me start by saying that my surgeon was wonderful. but he is in dallas amd i am near austin,tx. i hocked my house to have this done and now i am freaking out a bit because i don't have alot of money to get this fixed . i just recently started having regurgitation at night, not every night but when i eat too late and then go to bed.it wakes me up gasping for air and consequently some fluids go down my lungs. not much but a little.not to mention i get no sleep because i get scared.

after reading a bit on this problem it seems as though i might have esophogeal dilation.i'm trying to find out if there is anything that i can do to solve this, without having to go to the doctor, in dallas.

my sister who has also had the band says that i need to go get my fill removed.is that true?

if anyone has any advice on this please let me know.

bless you'all

scared in austin, dottie