Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just had 1st fill-4cc's didn't touch me

That's funny. Hey, while you were replying I threw the crackers away in the garbage can, tied up the garbage and took it out to the garage. What is really disconcerting is that I am still mildly sorry I did it!!

AND, I have begun in the last few days to visiting my favorite fast food places. Now, THAT is actually disgusting to me--that I have done that. Will I stop? I pray that I will.

Now you can see why I need the restriction NOW, not in a month, which is a lifetime away for me at this point.

Let's be real here. I'm a 5'5" female who weighed 405 when I started. If I can hang tough, a person who started out at a lower weight can hang tough! You don't get to be 405 pounds without eating inappropriately, you know? What if I double-dog dare you? I can do almost anything for a month...and I have 1 1/2 cc in a 14 cc band. Another fill in 5 weeks. I'll make it, so I challenge you to hang in there too.

I'd like to triple dog dare you-- but I must be honest. I wonder about whether I can get through the night here without eating again. BTW, wasn't A Christmas Carol a great movie?

Sorry, I digress. LOL Why won't a challenge like what you have thrown out there work for me? Because when I get hungry, I would knock down my own grandmother to eat something. Also, where would be the accountability? I would beg, borrow or steal ( so to speak ) when I get hungry.

Alright, I've changed my mind--I TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU!!!!

Now tell me some ground rules. ( I need direction--LOL )

Ok you committed a SERIOUS breach of etiquette by moving directly to the triple dog dare LOL LOL

Rules? We don't need no stinking rules! Just don't knock down your sweet little grandma.

I too am struggling; I've been hungry since I came to in recovery (and no it isn't emotional. It's hungry!) but I've found if I eat a lot of lean Protein, a little green veggie, and nothing else (but some low carb shakes) my hunger is better controlled. I'm working to that.

I did have crackers and Peanut Butter for dinner tonight (see I told you I love crackers!) but no Snacks at all today. A major step forward for me. (I"m an evening snacker) So tomorrow, more "atkins" type food, no crackers.

Are you trying to follow any rules/guidelines/whatever? My doc says Protein 1st, then veggies, then fruit, then grains etc. Were you given guidelines, something you're "supposed" to be doing but aren't? I don't think fast food is on the menu, at least during the weight loss phase...

I did test my boundaries in the 2 weeks that I could have food before my first fill. Apparently, I HAVE no boundaries food wise. Thus the return to the Atkins type meal plan until I get more restriction going on. What works for you?

I eat a high Protein Breakfast and as the day wears on my diet gets away from me. My dietritian just said the other day that I was eating all the right things (Generally!!) but I eat too much of them. I was recording my daily food and calories from a website, but I have gotten away from that. Maybe I should revisit that routine. Everyone seems to say you get better results if you record what you eat all day. I have some very simple rules these days--NO FAST food, don't overeat, and watch the nighttime Snacks. Oh, and keep up the daily exercise regimin. I KNOW what to do, it's just doing it is the difficult part for me--LOL

Have you ever heard of a workbook I think it's called the Beck's diet solution? I just bought it and I'm wondering if it will help in a meaningful way.....

Sounds familiar but I don't think I've read it. Let me know if it helps you.

I'm trying to NOT have to "journal" every bit. That's a big thing for weight watchers and after a while I get so tired of counting and weighing and writing (whine whine whine LOL)...

But you are right it is a great way to stay aware of what you're consuming.

OK You record your daily intake, no fast food, etc...and I'll do my atkins-esque thing. Let's check back in a week and see how we've done. You may post or email or PM me if you want to, for more movie paraphrasing etc LOL

This will give me the impetus to quit working my way back to Atkins and just DO IT. I was off to a great start; like you I need to keep the train rolling until I finally get some restriction.

I'm going to add you to my "friends" list because I'm afraid I'll forget your exact screen name and "lose" you.

Good luck. Let the restrained eating begin!

I had my surgery on 9/11. I've only lost 12 pounds and its really depressing. I had my first fill two days ago and it didn't do a thing for me! I have another one on 10/30. I'd like to call the Doc and ask for one now! Does anyone know if it's harder to lose if you start out around the 215 mark?

Do you know what else is insane. It seems like on the days I eat a little extra or something maybe I shouldn't is the day I'll lose a little. I wonder sometimes if we eat so little that our bodies shut down? Any idea?:)

I think thats true to a degree. However if over the long term you eat less and exercise, and get your Water in, the weight will start coming off. With me, I do all that for awhile, then I cheat which ruins it. I am hoping my 2nd fill will find the "sweet spot" which will force me to eat less and not feel hungry. I have to wait until Nov 6th for the 2nd fill which is a month, and after a week from my 1st fill I feel no restriction whatsoever, so I have a long wait which I'm not happy about.

I had my surgery on 9/11. I've only lost 12 pounds and its really depressing. I had my first fill two days ago and it didn't do a thing for me! I have another one on 10/30. I'd like to call the Doc and ask for one now! Does anyone know if it's harder to lose if you start out around the 215 mark?

I started at about 15 pounds more than you and my weight has been coming off steady. But I was in your shoes in the beginning. It takes time but it will start working.

Do you know what else is insane. It seems like on the days I eat a little extra or something maybe I shouldn't is the day I'll lose a little. I wonder sometimes if we eat so little that our bodies shut down? Any idea?:D

Yes, if you are not getting enough calories, your weight loss can keep stalling. Your body can go into what they call "starvation mode" where it will store fat. How many calories do you get in a typical day?

I think I am getting around 1000 calories a day. It's just driving me crazy that I'm being so good and not having much results.

I think I am getting around 1000 calories a day. It's just driving me crazy that I'm being so good and not having much results.

You should keep track and try tweaking it a little, until you find your magic number then try to stay within that calorie range.

I'm so excited!! My surgeon's office just moved up my 2nd fill by 2 weeks--next Wednesday. The 1st fill did nothing. I can't wait!!

Yeah for you !!!! I've been reading your posts and I think if your dietician told you that you're eating the right things (you didn't lie to her, did you?!?!?!?) then you are what this surgery was thinked up for---hee hee...as your fills progress, your noticable "full feeling" will become sooner and sooner and GRADUALLY you will eat less and therefore lose the weight. Remember, this is a slow process, you didn't get here overnight, and getting down to your goal overnight has it's consequences...that's what bypass is for...I say, be glad for the earlier fill, it's gonna help get you where you want to be...but, be patient with your band and yourself. I just had my 2nd fill -1cc- for a total of 4 cc in a 10 cc band. I am noticing some restriction, the total amount of what I eat in a day has decreased, but it's not like I only eat a meatball and I'm full. A word of advice, take it for what it's worth---I buy those 3 ounce Protein bullets from GNC (42 grams of protein in each test tube)...the grape ones...and add 1/2 of it to a litre Water bottle with an equate grape drink bottle mix...the protein helps to curb my appetite while the water is a MUST...maybe this will help...drink between meals to help with the starving feeling...hope it gets better.