Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Verrrrry Discouraged

I am really looking for some answers to my dilema - please lend any advice - here is my situation....

I was banded in early Feb. 05...to date, I have lost only 24lbs. Most of that was lost when I had a fill that was too tight. I could not eat or drink at all and was vomiting in my sleep. I had a tiny bit taken out and it did make the world of difference. I drink only tea with splenda or crystal light. I eat tiny meals most of the time which usually consists of things like Beans, vegetables,

salads, cheese, or fish. Sometimes I eat a big salad, but that is all I will have for that day. I'm an active person. I know I am eating at least 80% less than I was pre band. Why am I not losing weight? I can't believe that the scale has not moved in a month. I am too afraid to go back and get another fill because I think that tiny bit will put me back to not being able to drink Water and vomitting at night, but I am beginning to think that is the only way that I will lose weight.

After having this problem myself the only advice I can offer is are you eating enough?? Are you getting enough Protein in? Are you taking in enough fluids? These are the things that I had to look at when my weight loss stopped. Funnily enough when I started eating more the weight started coming off. If you are only eating small emounts your body will go into starvation mode and hold onto every little thing it can. It cant hurt to give it a try for a week and see how it goes.

Good Luck

Sensy, even though you think you may be eating less, it may be in what you are eating...proteins first? 60 grams of Protein a day? Both of those are important for bandsters. Also eating a salad in a day is not enough calories, if that is allyou are eating it is no wonder you are not losing. eat more calories, try to eat 1200-1800 calories a day see if that helps. Hang in there :D

Protein, protein, protein, Water, water, water, exercise, exercise, exercise. :D Are your clothes getting larger? Maybe your body is compacting? You WILL NOT lose every month. Lapband's weight loss is AVERAGE 5-10lbs per month over the long haul, not guaranteed EVERY month. Eat more solid Proteins.< /p>

Solid protiens with those big salads...make sure there's some good grilled chicken in there! Also, if you are just too stuffed for extra food, maybe start your day with an extra protien drink, a Boost or something, just to add calories and protien. I agree, bump it up, girl!!

I was on a pleateu for one month at 190 then I lost another 7 pound over 2 weeks. I guarantee if you follow everybodys previous advise about more Protein and more Water you will be loosing more in no time! If you go under search for "pleateu busting diet" and see if that helps also.

Have you had your thyroid checked? Ask your doctor to do a metobolic panel. Sometimes we always look to the Band for answers when it could be something completely non-related. Just a thought.

Sensy I really sounds like you are not getting enough calories. Lots of folks like fitday.com, but you really need to track your calories for a full week. If you are getting less than 1000-1200 calories, then you will go into starvation mode. If you are active, you will need even more calories.

must must must. If you don't get enough calories, you cannot lose weight safely or in a healthy manner.

Can't offer more sound advise then what you have already gotten.

Just wanted to tell you to hang in. Things will change. We all are pulling for you to get over this hump.

Sensy,

I am right where you are at, the scale is just not bugging, I was banded on March 18 only 24lbs down. People are telling me I look thinner, today my clothes are actually hanging on me. I do fitday.com everyday and it keeps me real, I eat between 1500 - 1800 calories a day, I'm eating HALF of what I use to eat - it's amazing. I know that I have to start excising more, and then I will lose the weight faster. Take one day at a time it will come.

I would like to thank everyone that has replied to my message. I appreciate you lending a helping hand.

I feel like I have always tried to eat lots of Protein, and I am sure I am getting enough calories, so I don't think that could be it. Things I eat most often are red Beans, pinto beans, brocolli, advacodo, cauliflower, cabbage, fish, cheese, eggs, various diff. soft meats, and my salad usually does have chicken or crabmeat on it.

I have had my thyroid checked a couple of different times prior to banding and they have always said it was fine.

I probably don't drink enough Water b/c I do mainly just drink something if I am thirsty, so I need to up the intake on that.

This is just a mystery for me, and it is driving me nuts.

Guest j. lynn

I am really looking for some answers to my dilema - please lend any advice - here is my situation....

I was banded in early Feb. 05...to date, I have lost only 24lbs. Most of that was lost when I had a fill that was too tight. I could not eat or drink at all and was vomiting in my sleep. I had a tiny bit taken out and it did make the world of difference. I drink only tea with splenda or crystal light. I eat tiny meals most of the time which usually consists of things like Beans, vegetables,

salads, cheese, or fish. Sometimes I eat a big salad, but that is all I will have for that day. I'm an active person. I know I am eating at least 80% less than I was pre band. Why am I not losing weight? I can't believe that the scale has not moved in a month. I am too afraid to go back and get another fill because I think that tiny bit will put me back to not being able to drink Water and vomitting at night, but I am beginning to think that is the only way that I will lose weight.

sounds like you are eating the wrong things. Beans, salad, cheese and fish are more mushy foods that would be easy to eat too much of.

Get in 1200 - 1500 calories a day, 60 grams of SOLID Protein, 64 ounces of Water (without drinking for an hour during or after your meals) and the weight will come off.

jayme

Jayme - What are somes solid Protein foods that are good to eat - ?

I am going to try replacing the ones I eat now with something else.