Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 month out, GRRRR Stuck and not food!

I am one month out and for the last 2 weeks, I keep going up and down 5 pds in my weight. I eat less then 1500 cals a day. I work out, drink tons of Water and the weight aint moving. I am hormonal like a feen.. i hope its just my body adapting. Its very frustrating. I would of lost 10pds this month, but the up and down 5 pds if pissing me off! lol..

also.. do any of u experience this I am tight moring and afternoon but starved by evening???

Hey there- being new at this, I can not speak from experience but I can tell you that LOTS of bandsters in my YouTube community find that they do liquids or something in the morning but need more to fill them as the day progresses.

What I HAVE done a lot of is dieting. Plateau is an ugly thing, but it is what it is. Also, your cycle (which may be misbehaving based on the fact that you are hormonal) can REALLY mess with you weight wise.

All that said, do you journal your food? I expect because you know what you are taking in calorie wise that you are doing so to some extent. Why don't you experiment with types of foods and see if some work better for you than others. I can tell you that both myself and my male boss tend to gain/stop losing if we eat flour based products. We could eat half the calories but include bread and we wouldnt lose. Dunno why. But I do know that we all process different kinds of foods differently. Maybe if you tried switching things up a bit you would break that plateau?

Good luck and stick with it - your loss has already been impressive, and once you get through this spot you will start moving down the scales again.

No fill yet.. i dont get one for another 2-3 weeks if i need it. Yea, I went and looked over my "book Body for life" to give me healthy good ideas for food. I am like gezz I dont what to eat? lol.. Anyway I think my pms/period is screwing with things! So in a couple of weeks we shall see how I am..

The best advice I got.... and I know that it stinks...... is to keep a food journal, keep doing the 'right things', and keep plugging away. Our bodies aren't machines that always work exactly the same way, in the same manner, and unfortunately, a side effect of that is that they sometimes go through these ugly plateaus. IT SUCKS.... but, seriously, keep going, and eventually, the scale will start to move in the right direction!!

All I can tell you is that your in the healing stage not the losing stage. alot of people gain weight in this stage. Don't stress to much, It'll get better when you start getting your fills. I went thru the same thing. It will come, the hardest part is the waiting. good luck Hun.

Yea U have a point. I have lost some weight, and I feel I have pretty good restriction 5 weeks out. anymore restriction, then I will be eating like a bird instead of a toddler! lol I will see how things are next week. I know I am retaining lots of Water, my rings dont fit! But I did notice that I am in smaller jeans, so it may not be showing on the scale but its showing in my clothes!!! Anyway thanks yall for ur advice! :)

i had the same issue around my period. there were two very stubborn weeks. where my weightloss slowed quite a bit. last week nada lost.. however my period ended i started excercising and two pounds came off since two days ago. i eat probably less than800 cals a day. and ive been walking on my treadmill for 20 minutes at diff paces for 5 min each. its a start i hope. anyway. period time can really mess with your numbers for real.