Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Banded in the Morning!

He stated a few reasons - one is that he wanted me up and moving as much as possible, both to reduce the gas pain, but he said taht it would also help reduce incision and port pain. Also, after surgery, you can be prone to having Fluid settle in your lungs which can cause post surgery pnuemonia. If you sleep alot, it may settle more than if you stay upright and then you will cough it out.

Glad to see you are feeling a bit better today. Keep up the walking and you will be through this stage in no time.

Can't wait till my turn, getting excited.

Melissa (most pre op tests done, no date yet)

Hey Soonergirl-

Congrats-Welcome to bandland- you are doing great- I felt the pressure in my tummy too! My belly was sticking out! It does go down- walking is great and use a heating pad on your back when you lay down- it helps the dicomfort-

the shoulder pain will go away- it takes a few days- be kind to yourself- drink as much h20 as you can --sip sip sip!

Yeah for you!!

Also, after surgery, you can be prone to having Fluid settle in your lungs which can cause post surgery pnuemonia. If you sleep alot, it may settle more than if you stay upright and then you will cough it out.

Did they give you that weird blue inhaling contraption to use? I had to use that thing at least once an hour for this very reason. Also, walking around helps SO much with the bloat and I was struggling to cough up crap with my sore incisions!

Also, bear in mind that you get pumped full of liquid from the IV so you are also bloated from the fluids. Give it a couple days, use Gas X liberally (like, every time you eat anything) and keep walking once you get home and the bloat will go down in a few days.

Congrats on your band!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words!

What a difference a day makes - I have been up and walking almost all day. I did have an hour car ride to and from - picking up our new foster puppy. Ihave been feeling great except this huge bloat. Not much pain, just discomfort. I have had no pain meds today, but have been using liquid gas medicine.

I can't believe what a meal broth tastes like at this stage - yummy!! But for those not banded yet, I highly recommend low sodium. I had one serving of regular and it took a lot of gatorade to feel not really thirsty again.

I actually had an entire Protein drink - it took me half the day to drink, but hey!

I did get that blue breathing contraption - and am really gald, because it has helped me clear a lot out of my lungs. Deep breaths actually feel good now!

Thanks again to everyone, the support here is wonderful! Especially since my husband is the only one here aware I was banded.

BTW - I am finding that I can sip more than 1/8th of a teaspoon now - is it ok to take a little bit larger drinks as I go as long as there is no discomfort - and when I mean bigger, I mean more like 2/3 of a teaspoon at a time????