Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Now Could Care A Less About Food

since being banded.

I caught myself saying tonight that I might as well just not care because the time I finished my salmon I was exhausted from chewing and it got cold and it was like maybe I just shouldn't care what I eat and just eat something for nutrition purposes only instead of enjoyment. And when I say enjoyment I mean healthy food decisions. (not the old behavior of half a gallon of ice cream)

I haven't even had a fill yet so I can only imagine it getting worse.

Amy I making sense?

I kind of went through that phase. I have always enjoyed food and after being banded I would just make convenient meals for myself. i.e.: cold chicken, cold tuna, etc. Well, it didn't take me long to miss my good cooking. I started mixing up certain recipes (all healthy and what I should have for Protein content) and I started to enjoy meals again. Yes, sometimes meals seem like work, especially when it gets cold b/4 I can get it eaten. But, so much better than filling my face till I'm stuffed and then regretting it, feeling bad about myself for the way I look and feel. It's been a great trade off.

Why don't you buy one of those baby dishes you can fill with hot Water to help keep your food warm? I have one and I fill it with boiling water (hot tap water is not hot enough) and it helps to keep the food warm. I'm on the mushies phase now so I don't have as much chewing. Good luck.

I agree with Jack 100%. It is definitely a phase and it passes. What interests you in the future will differ greatly with what interested you in the past.

I enjoy eating so much more now than I did before. It is just a different way of enjoying it. I eat quality instead of quantity . . . and I am satisfied. Also, I am not thinking about food between meals. I am happy and satisfied with my eating . . . and with my new looks. :0)

"Too much work" eating means you are NOT hungry when you're eating.

Hmmmm I've got to really think about that one. (just in case you're right):biggrin:

Speck, I know what you're talking about, I've felt the same way on and off. I do find myself looking at the appetizers or Soup menu because I'm really tired of wasting food. It seems like I had more leftovers in my fridge than I could possibly eat (even with the help of my family). Not to mention how fatiguing it is to chew chew chew, swallow, wait....wait....wait ok time for next bite.

Sometimes it is just easier not to eat or to grab a handful of nuts.

I get where you're coming from...

Its a phase and I went through it too. I even made a post about it. I am right back to my old self again :) But in a good way! I am a total foodie and love to cook. I don't even have to eat it I just love to cook. So now I cook gourmet dinners almost nightly for my family but I only have a small amount and I have changed almost all of the ingredients in everything I use.... Everything whole grains period.

So eventually yes I think you will go back to enjoying your food. During a time like this though you have to really make good choices. Be careful not to turn to foods that are quick and easy to consume IE chips.

I have NEVER felt so satisfied by one single bite of a fresh baked cookie, or a great pizza, or whatever else.

I sometimes used to gorge on that stuff until I was literally uncomfortable and didn't feel well.

At work we have a really nice salad bar, so I'll scoop a tablespoon or so each of 6 different things onto a plate, it's like a mini-me buffet, lot's of different flavors and textures and totally filling, instead of one big burger.

So in a sense, I enjoy food more than ever.