Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Voter registration

My knee-jerk reaction.....All voters registered by ACORN should not be allowed to vote unless personally vetted by a member of the local election board. At least somebody would be held accountable for the rampant voter fraud.

We need some investigations, to be sure, but I'm not holding my breath. While they're at it, they should investigate some of Obama's donors. More Bogus Obama Donors Surface, Donations Made Between July and Early August - CBS News. Specifically, people like Dahsudhu Hdusahfd who lives in the town of Df, Hawaii and works for “CZXVC/ZXVZXV”, and Uadhshgu Hduadh who Obama’s scrupulous campaign records show is currently employed by “DASADA/SAFASF”.

Obama, McCain if you dig hard enough you could find scandal after scandal. Especially if you start examining Donors. That goes for both canidates.

I don't understand why we can't focus on the issues instead of all the mud slinging. I don't want to know every detail of every person's life that Obama or McCain has said Hello too, I want to know why one thinks they are a better canidate than the other.

I have given to the Obama fund and I am not perfect. I am sure many of McCain's contributers have some skeletons in their closet too.

Election fraud and donor violations are not a trivial matter. Especially if the donations are being masked under made up names because they're foreign.

The issue with the donor violations is that in this new era people can donate $10 every week through the internet and put whatever info down they want. Both campaigns are dealing with this issue, but Obama more so because he's got more small donors than McCain.

All these guys can do is comb through the records looking for suspicious donations and return the ones that aren't legal. And that's what they are doing. Most of the ones we here about are found first by the campaigns and have already been returned before the press even gets wind of it.

So I don't see it as a !skandal! The voter registration thing, OTOH...

Donations, not such a big deal to me. Of course, I'm sure both parties have their minor scandals in that area. The voter registration thing (as Mac alluded to) is a ! HUGE ! thing. Now people are admitting that ACORN pressured them to register multiple times (and gave others money and smokes to do so). Nice. Especially since ACORN gets funding from the Fed.

Yes, it's definitely HUGE.

I received an email today with a great commentary on this (sorry, I can't link it because it's an email, not a web page):

In the weeks leading up to November 4, the New York Post found dozens of people who have different names but share the same story. Most of the accounts, like Christopher Barkley's, are from swing states and involve ACORN, the "community activist group" submitting the bulk of the new voter applications. Barkley says he was "hounded" to register by ACORN workers in Ohio, a crown jewel of the presidential race. "I kept getting approached by folks who asked me to register. They'd ask me if I was registered. I'd say yes, and they'd ask me to do it again." Ohio voter Lateala Goins told a Post reporter, "You can tell them you're registered as many times as you want; they do not care. They will follow you to the buses, they will follow you home..." Another man in Cleveland says he "was given cash and cigarettes" by ACORN representatives for registering a whopping 72 times in the last year and a half. The fraud gets even worse in Texas, where one county found that 4,000 of its registered voters were dead-but even that didn't stop many of them from voting! In Florida, a state that President Bush won by less than 600 ballots in 2000, the Sun-Sentinel learned that more than 30,000 felons are still on the rolls, despite the law rendering them ineligible. Although 11 states are investigating ACORN's role in widespread election fraud, time is short. With the nation on edge and Americans sharply divided as to who can lead us back, democracy cannot become corruption's next victim. Regardless of who wins, we all have a stake in an honest process.

I just got a call from a friend of mine who lives in Ohio, where they have early voting. A woman he knows went to the courthouse to vote and was told, "Sorry, ma'am, you've already voted." She had not. Someone voted in her place. When she complained, they handed her a provisional ballot and told her that if the vote were tied, they'd count her provisional ballot.

This is scary stuff.

Yes it is. And crap like this has been going on for a long time and been swept under the rug. I'm glad a light has finally been shined on it.

Though I do find it amusing that it's only when it looks like a Democrat might be elected that mainstream media like CNN has finally decided this is a story. Why hasn't it been a big story in previous elections? It's really appalling that with today's technology, we can't ensure that everyone get a vote and only one vote.