Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Major slimeing

Just had my band june 9th and had some tuna fish well like 8am thought I was eating slowly but probably not well anyways bad pain in my stomach and major slimeing didn't vomit but close how long should I wait to eat again scary didn't like the feeling has it yesterday and did fine but i heard the band is tighter in the morining though maybe you guys could offer some advice thanks.

You're an official bandster now, and it's not a fun thing when it happens. Were you eating tuna salad or baked? Often baked/broiled fish is too dry and can easily cause the "slime" attack. Unfortunately, I slime a lot, not throw up, but throw back, before it hits the tummy.

You will find as you try more and more solids, certain things will agree and many of your old favorites will no longer be your friend. Any type of potatoe causes major slime for me, first bite is always the last when it comes to potatoes of any kind.

Good Luck!

I'm a bit tighter n the mornings and tuna is definately hard for me. Lube it up well with mayo or even Italian dressing. Small small bites of it, perhaps on a cracker? I haven't eaten tuna in a while for the same reason, sliming!

Keep your menu pretty soft today, since you are so newly banded, sounds like you should be fine. Was this your first attempt at tuna? If you have the least bit of trouble next meal, go liquid. Good luck!

Are you sure your supposed to be eating tuna already? My band date was June 2 and im just allowed to eat it this week. Did you have any aftercare diet?

Yah I am on pureed foods now and the nutritionist said try the foods that are really soft a couple of days and if tolersted advance I has tuna all day yesterday and did fine it might of been early morning just didn't like the feeling i'm okay but at the time scary just don't want to do damage to the band don't want any more surgery yuk

My band is pretty new and I'm finding I can't hardly do anything with my band in the morning. It is SO tight I can hardly get thin liquids down. I did some research here on this site and found this is a common problem. Today I followed one person's advice and waited an hour before trying to eat....and I sipped something warm which is supposed to help open up the band a little. It did help! I was at least able to take my blood pressure meds without extreme pain.

I think being a lot tighter in the morning is common. Maybe save the more solid foods for later in the day? Drink liquids in the morning. Just my .02, your mileage may vary.