Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whew! First fill is over!

Well, it's over! I was a little nervous b/c I truly didn't know what to expect. I mean, I've read others' stories but until you experience it yourself, you just don't know. It also seems my surgeon tends to do things a little differently too, so I had NO CLUE what might happen today.

For once he was happy with me (he hasn't been thrilled the last 2 appts.). I've lost 12lbs in the 6 weeks since surgery (I weighed 198 on their scale) and I'm healing well. He added 1.5ccs. He had given me 1.5 at surgery and since I had such good restriction for the first 5 weeks, (I just started getting more hungry this last week) he decided that another 1.5 should be fine for now.

Fill itself went well. I don't like needles in general and I really don't like this one in particular. Damn thing hurts! Couldn't react though b/c my 2yr old was with me! Felt fine, could swallow Water, etc. By the time I got back to the car, I was feeling sick. For a good hour, I felt sick and just "off." Almost like soon after surgery again.

He is totally AGAINST Protein shakes now that I'm on foods. Told me to eat normal but slower to make sure everything was fine. If I was having some problems, go back to soft foods. So, a few hours later, feeling better and since it'd been like 5 hours since I'd last eaten, ate a few bites of something. About 10 minutes later, not feeling so good. Nauseous and stomach just NOT happy. Nothing happened but as I'm driving down the road, I'm looking for places I can pull off if I have too!

So not interested in food tonight. Gas is back with a vengeance (I don't understand that part!). I'm going to go AGAINST dr's orders and I'm having a shake for breakfast! I don't care! I don't think I can face eating something in the morning. I'm rarely that interested in food in the AM as it is. Tomorrow, I'm pretty sure it'll be the same! I'll see how it goes at lunch. It may be another shake. We'll see.

I'll see him again in 4 weeks and we'll go from there.

Anyway, that's my story! LOL!

I look forward to some of your posts - it gives me insight on what I'm to expect lol! Thank you!

I'm glad to hear he was happier with you this time (I was starting to get worried). It sounds like over all, your fill went pretty well. I sure hope your feeling better today.

This morning I have my Psych and Nutrition appointments. I'm so happy I can finally get them out of the way. I didn't sleep well, and cravings for cigarettes are getting better, but they are still there. At work and at home, I find myself more irritable and sarcastic and not too afraid to show it either. It's kind of a joke at the office because they all know what I'm going through. Hope I can contain it with the appointments! LOL

Have a great day!

If you stay feeling yucky and only leaning towards soft foods, you may need a slight unfill. Please don't hesitate to call your doc before your 4 weeks are up if need be.

SG, I was starting to get worried too! Here initially, I really liked him but then I started getting irritated with him! I've liked everyone I've ever dealt with at Kaiser and I hated that one of the most important people in my care was going to be the one person I couldn't tolerate! LOL!! Also, he was so on time yesterday! I was still talking to the receptionists when they called me back. His nurse took my BP and then went to get him and he came right in! My appt was at 1:40 and we were back at the car by 2:10! I was shocked!

I had the whole thing all built up. If I was still waiting after 20 minutes I was going to re-schedule. If he bitched at me about my slow WL, I was going to throw it back in his face about being so not supportive. Etc. I had it all planned and had to do none of it! LOL!! Nice though b/c I hate confrontation, it's not my style at all.

Best wishes on your appts today!!

And congrats on being smoke free!! Hang in there, I understand it gets better!

DE, thanks! I've already determined that I won't let it go through the weekend if I'm still not feeling good. I think some liquids and soft foods today and I should be fine. I have a sensitive stomach anyway. If food is just slightly "off", I'll get sick so I'm not really surprised that I'm doing this. I just think that trying regular food last night was too soon for me. Thanks for speaking up. I appreciate it!

Heartfire - Everytime I got a fill the doctor told me 24 hours of fluids and then build back up slowly. It made sense to me because I'm sure things get irritated when you tighten the old belt.

That was a pretty aggressive fill though. But you will probably be ok, just take it slow. If fluids start to refuse to go down or after 24 hours you're still having problems, let them know. The earlier you catch an overfill the less they have to remove from what I hear.

Good luck!

Vicki, feeling fine today. I took it easy with the foods yesterday and that helped. I think I'm going to take it easy and stay on liquids and very soft foods for the first 24hrs after my fills from now on. I also didn't help myself by doing major shopping errands right after with no resting. Not doing that again either! Thanks!

Wow, what a story. I hope all goes well from here end. I had my surgery on August 4th 08 and I'm down about 30 or 31 pds. I started at 269 so I guess this is ok. However I go for my first fill on November 11th and I cannot wait. I feel like if I can eat just about anything and that is not good. I know that if it wasnt for me eating pretty much everything I could of been down alot more and plus I also suffer from my foot and back so I am limited to excercise until I can get rid of some pain. I know this has got to get better right!!

Hi, I am going for my first fill next week, I am one of the wierd people. I had surgery 8/05/08 and have lost 45 pounds with no fill? I still cant eat much but feel like I should get one. Has any one else gone this long with no fill and kept losing? should I wait?