Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nausea after 4th fill

Oh man...I'm nervous. I had my fourth fill on Friday afternoon. I took it easy, as usual, but decided that I was going to try some crock pot

pot roast/carrots for dinner. The first bite went down fine...the second...not so much.

I slimed and threw up for about 20 minutes...still wouldn't go down. Took a walk...threw up in the bushes. Came home and took a hot shower and it finally went down.

I laid down and took a bit of a nap for a couple of hours. When I woke up I ate some cottage cheese. That went down fine and made my belly feel better. However, I have this mild churning in my stomach...like morning sickness churning. It's not anything catastrophic but I definately feel blah!

Is it normal to feel the after affects of being stuck for hours afterwards? I don't believe that I did any damage to the band...because I specifically felt the food dislodge and go through. However, I've never once been nauseous since I've been banded and it scares me.

Oh...and talk about getting to the point where you really DO have to chew more than ever. When I swallowed that second bit I knew it was going to be bad!

Talk me down!

had my 4th fill last week, Monday. i felt tight and my dr instructs his patients(after fills) to stay on liquid for 3 days (min)...follow the steps of stage 2, 3 and 4 (real food) gradually. Look like you are progressing well. I have been banded since Feb 08 and have lost 45lbs so you are doing better than me on the this train ride. Keep up the good job !

Happy me !

hi i had my 2nd fill on monday and it was fine, although for my first fill i think i was more nervous than when i went in for the surgery! i dont know why, i suppose a mixture of bits i had read here and fear of unknown, it did take me a week or so to adjust to the band fill and lost 8lbs in the process (i was too scared after a stuck episode plus on holiday and didnt want anything embaressing happening!) this time much easier do have restriction, but i also get that sicky feeling, last time i did pregnancy test because i was so concerned! but it also happened this time and lasts a couple of days with me, so dont worry it all sounds normal to me:smile2:

Don't be scared..if you follow instructions you will be fine. Most doctors tell you to be on a liquid diet only for a minimum of 24 hours after a fill. Most say three to four days.

I just got a fill this morning and I can not keep even Water down should i give it time or call the dr in the morning to ask he remove some saline he said he only added .5 and is very cqreful with his fills I really didn't have much restriction before....need help feeling very sick and major headache