Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need world famous chili recipes

So my friends annual chili cookoff is coming up and I would not only like to win it again....but I would also like to eat the chili I make. Does anyone have any chili recipes that everyone raves over? I'm talking WINNING chili here...not just your ordinary stuff. :wub: My last years chili I cannot eat, plus I retired the recipie! lol **Please Help!!!**

I am a big fan of Allrecipes, and this is a chili recipe I found on the site that I LOVE: Boilermaker Tailgate Chili - Allrecipes

You can also see the ratings and read the reviews, and it looks like a lot of people have won cookoffs with the recipe.

C'mon....is that supposed to be a joke? :wub: By my name..you should realize I am a University of Michigan fan...and this chili cook-off is held during the Michigan vs. Michigan State game. You can see the problem here right? lol It soundes pretty good though....maybe I'll just change the name!!!???!!! :wub:

:wub:

I think the name has probably been changed many times! Seriously though, it is really good chili. But as a dedicated Boilermaker, I believe changing the name would detract from the flavor! :wub:

Not sure if you've ever heard of white chili, but it's different, tasty, nutritious and easy. I'll try to find my recipe tonight if you want it, but white chili is made with chicken or turkey meat instead of beef. It has green chilis, onions and serrano peppers. (Or pablano peppers if you prefer) The Beans are white navy beans. It's wonderful and definately different.

:thumbup:Hmmmm....sounds good and may be worth trying. I know there were some white chili's last time, but maybe you got the secret???

It's all about the Williams Chili Seasoning. Hands down the BEST chili powder ever. I can't use anything else! It all taste horrible in comparison. It's sort of regional, I have my Mother send it to me in Alabama.

We use to be able to buy it at Sam's in the giant size seasoning containers. And, then they stopped selling them. We checked for years every time we went. And then! Last week our Sam's had them!!! We bought 4!!!! We are going to put them in FoodSaver bags and freeze them. We may go buy more. LoL.

I also like to use the hunt roasted garlic diced tomatoes and sauce. YUM YUMMY.

If you use Beans.... BIG CONTROVERSY!

I use to use all ranch style Beans with sweet onions, but when I changed my diet recently, I just started using several different types of regular canned beans. I buy the Wal-Mart brand. They tend to not have anything added to them, like corn Syrup (RAR!!! WHY DO THEY DO THIS???). I think that Light Kidney Beans, Red beans, Navy or Cannellini Beans, and Black Beans make a really nice looking combo. The kidney tend to be people's favorites.

But, my recipe is nothing special. But, people love it. I think it's the Williams.... LOL

I found this pumpkin chili recipe here on LBT, so I can't take credit for it. I absolutely love it!! My favorite chili ever!! With it being fall, that might be a good choice. The only problem with the recipe might be that some people may not be fond of pumpkin. I never thought I was fond of it until I tried this recipe. NJchick posted this recipe, so here it is:

PUMPKIN CHILI !!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

If you love pumpkin, you'll love this.... at least I do.

This recipe was give to me by one of my best friends who has lost 85+ lbs by following a Mediterranean diet. She is not banded. She is truly amazing and has learned to cook so healthy and wonderful. Thanks LINNY !!!!!

You can adjust this recipe any way you like and it still turns out wonderful.

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 cup chopped red bell peppers

1 clove garlic

1 pound ground chicken breast or turkey

2 (14.5 ounce) cans canned peeled and diced tomatoes

1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® Pumpkin Pie

1 (15 ounce) can canned Tomato sauce

1 (15.25 ounce) can canned kidney Beans, drained

1 (4 ounce) can ORTEGA® Diced Green Chiles

1/2 cup whole kernel corn

1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

HEAT vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add chicken or turkey; cook until browned. Drain.

ADD tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, Beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.

MY SUGGESTION, EAT THE NEXT DAY......... YUMMY !!!!

You can put in what ever you want, any veggies, beans etc.

I also put in to bulk it up, zucchini, squash, green beans, peas, carrots (canned).

Pumpkin Chili? That sounds like a winner for the most unique category!! You may have just won it for me!!! I hope the majority like pumpkin!!!