Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'll be away

I'm going out of town for my son's (2 1/2 yr old) surgery. He's having a port a cath put in for his hemophilia. I hate this. I don't want it. I think it's for the birds. But they've all but come out and said if I don't do it, and he gets hurt, they'll turn me in for neglect. I hate drs! So my perfect little one will have a scar the size of our port scars. He'll go thru the pain we have/are. He'll get needle sticks in it after a month, 3 times a week, and big bad mommy gets to do it. He's gonna absolutely hate me.

That said... I am going with pre packaged meals. I'm moving to soft solids today. I found low calorie meals that are 1 serving, with high Protein levels (21- 23 grams). I'm also bringing my Protein shakes in case I don't tolerate the meals being stressed. I can get milk there. I also have several bottles of Water with me. I have my Vitamins packed. Diapers, pull ups (have to take his disabled twin with us) sippy cups, clothes for them, and me, toys (just a few), their meds, my meds, and my walking shoes :redface: I'll be sure to be pacing the floor waiting to leave.

While I'm gone my PC is going in the shop for some work. They're adding memory, and crashing the system, making sure everything works when I come home. I will get it sometime thursday afternoon. So I'm told.

teri

terilynn, I'm so sorry your precious little one is facing this, and I know it's going to be very hard on you. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I will be praying for you and your baby. Also, he won't hate you. It will be tough, but there is NOTHING like a mother's love. Take care.

UGH! Teri, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. Both you and your baby.

I have a 2yr old and her being hurt just breaks my heart so I know where you're coming from. I also think that your DS isn't going to hate you. I know that DD does really well if I explain things to her. Sometimes I think I'm over-explaining but as long as I keep her informed, she does great. She hates not knowing what's going on. She literally flips out. I swear half the time I think I'm talking over her head but she's fine anyway.

Take today. I had to take her with me to my fill appt. I explained that mama was seeing her doctor and he was going to be checking mama's tummy and he was going to put a needle in but it'd be okay. It's to help mama. She did great. She wasn't happy, I think she knew it hurt, even though I didn't express that. But when I sat up, I smiled at her and waved and she smiled back.

Hang in there. It sounds like you have an eating plan for yourself and you sound really prepared. Let us know how things are when you get back. Have a safe trip.

I'm back... took so long because my PC died. His surgery was cancelled last minute. The dr is sick.

Thanks for your kind words. Now it's planned for sometime in November.

teri

Teri, this will give you a little more time to get stronger and more prepared. Too much too quick, a big stress on YOUR body.

You sound like a fantastic Mom who has tons of love for her little ones, you feel their pain. Perhaps a little more time will help you help them.

Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Anytime your child has a medical problem it is huge, but this is almost the limits. Your poor heart, And, he loves you, he knows you protect him.

Debbie