Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banding in St. Louis

I would like to hear from anyone banded in St Louis - where they went - what doctor they used. Anyone that was a self pay - and the price range. Thanks in advance!

I am getting banded in STL on Nov. 19th by Dr. Norbert Richardson. I am going through St. Alexius' New Start program -- St. Alexius NewStart

So far it's been a great experience and they have a ton of aftercare post-surgery programs -- support groups, classes, nutrition help.

I was banded 9/26 by Dr. de la Torre at DePaul. I was also self pay. PM me if you want to discuss costs and payment stuff. I'll be happy to share that and of course my experiences...which have been great so far.

Hi there! I was banded 3/21/08 by Dr. Van Wagner and I also went through the St. Alexius New Start program. If I had to do it over again I would have chosen to do the outpatient surgery instead of staying overnight in the hospital. I was self-pay and Dr. Wagner takes CareCredit--my surgery was about $15,000 and that included a lifetime of band adjustments.

I love Dr. Wagner and his office staff. They are very helpful and very responsive to your needs. Dr. Wagner is sort of quiet and reserved but his bedside manners are excellent. It has taken me a little longer than most to get to where I'm at (total of 26 lost now) but I'm okay with that. It just took a little longer for my band to be restricted the perfect amount! If you have more specific questions let me know and I'll try to help ya out!

Megan

I would like to hear from anyone banded in St Louis - where they went - what doctor they used. Anyone that was a self pay - and the price range. Thanks in advance!

I just sent you some info in a PM.

I was banded by Dr. Darin Minkin at Des Peres Hospital. My insurance paid, but he quotes the self-pay price as $17,000, I believe. I had surgery on 2/28 of this year and I've already lost 104 lbs. I attribute much of my success to Dr. Minkin because he's aggressive with fills (which are usually done under fluoro) and he's very supportive. I highly recommend attending one of his seminars to meet him.

I also was banded by Dr. Wagner. I had my surgery as outpatient at Webster Surgery Center. Dr. Wagner now uses a new out patient center. I agree with the other person Dr Wagner's staff is great. Dr. Wagner seems a little shy and is reserved but he is a good doctor and knows his stuff.

I have also met with Darin Minkin in Des Peres hospital and he is a good doctor and very supportive. I was fortunate to have insurance coverage for my surgery. I think Dr. Wagner is around $15,000 but when you think that you get your life and health back it is worth it. I am now 29 pounds from a normal BMI. I have no regrets about getting the band. It is a tool and you still need to watch what you eat and exercise. I exercise a lot. I finally have time to do it. My first job got in the way now I have more time to work out. I ride my bike and I go to Curves and do weight and resistance training. I have not weighed what I now weigh in 10 or 11 years.