Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on Oct 1st and wondering when I will feel better? I'm still bloated and have gas bad is this normal and should you weigh daily? Still new at this so I need all the answers!:tt2:

No don't weigh daily you'll just be disappointed! Especially post op while you are healing. Walk walk walk walk that's the best thing for bloating and gas. And make sure you get 64 oz of pure plain Water each day. You'll feel better soon. We're all different, time table-wise but we all eventually come through and feel good! :)

Hi. I was banded on September 19th and I felt much better a week after surgery. About 10 days after, I felt good. The gas is normal and it will go away. The things that helped me with the gas were Gas-X strips, heating pad, walking, and peppermint tea. Right after surgery I think it is normal to be up a few pounds. I only weigh once a week - I think that is best for me. Good luck to you and I hope you are feeling better soon!! Becky

MissBS gave you some great tips (as usual!) :) but...

be careful using a heating pad. Some surgeons use a material for internal stitches that dissolves w/heat and depending on where and how much you use the pad you can accellerate your stitches dissolving. (it's always something, huh?) so check with your surgeon before you use a heating pad over an area that had surgery. IE you can use it on your shoulder if it hurts (we have referred pain there from the gas, or rather many of us do) but not over an op. site.

I wasn't supposed to have ANY Protein for the 1st week post op. Week 2 I just had 3-4 EAS carb control AdvantEDGE shakes...no big deal. but then I have no restriction and haven't since I came to in recovery. Hopefully that will change with my first few fills! :)

Just drink whatever Protein supplement your surgeon recommends when s/he recommends it! You'll be fine!

It took me about a week to recover. Everyday you will get better. Hang in there and things will be fine. I weigh everyday, but sometimes I get discouraged. I was banded in Feb 2008 and have lost 52 pounds. I don't think I am losing fast enough, but the doctor said that i am doing really good. Have patience.

dont weigh daily! i know you probably want to 'peek', but try not to... you may still be bloated from the surgery and even up some weight... and when you switch from liquids to mushies, you will more than likely gain a few pounds as well.

in order to get as much Protein in as possible, i drank Isopure... i found if it was REALLY cold, the grape was pretty good.

i was so lucky not to have the gas pains, but i heard that walking helps.

good luck and congrats on being banded!

Hi guys. I was just cruising through and wanted to make a comment about the Isopure drinks. I had a really nasty episode after my 2nd fill which according to my Dr. was caused by the concentrated amount of Protein in the Isopure drinks. The minute I took one swallow of the drink my stomach began convulsing, and I ended up in the emergency room. My dr. said although I apparently have a sensitive stomach, I should not have been drinking the Isopure drinks so soon after my fill. I just wanted to share that in hopes of sparing anyone else the agony I went through.

:rolleyes:Hi, I was banded on October 3, and I still feel crummy too. I definitely didn't expect to have this much overall discomfort. It's not the incisions, I'm just stiff and a little tender there. I had a reaction to the anasthesia that made me really nauseous for a few days. Personally, I think the longer out we get from the surgery the happier and healthier we'll feel! I don't see anyone on this site saying that they wish they'd never been banded!

I have a suggestion about the Isopure - don't buy a case, or even more, until you try them. I bought a case (12 bottles for $50.00 at GNC) and I cannot drink it. I drink the shakes... no problem.... liquids for weeks... no problem... but those things taste sooooo nasty to me. I forced 2 of them down, but going to see if they will take the rest back. Not everyone has the same taste buds, and I know lots of people drink Isopure, but just buy one or two until you see if you like them. I bought some unflavored whey Protein Powder at GNC, and it has 21 g. of Protein in each scoop. I mix it with my yogurt and can't even taste it. I too think it is hard to get in so much protein when you aren't eating much food. Good luck to you!!! Becky