Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all! I was banded on August 18, 2008. I have only lost 17 pounds. I am getting really frustrated here. I have had 2 fills so far and they haven't helped me at all. I still can eat like I could before I was banded. I don't, but I could. I eat and about an hour or so later, I want to eat again. I think that I may be dealing with mental hunger, but it is driving me crazy over here.

I thought that once I had this band that I'd be able to lose this excess weright. After losing the 17lbs, I have just stopped losing. It makes me feel that I have done all of this for nothing. I have thought about taking diet pills to help with the mental hunger part, what do you guys think, should I take them or not?

I have my 3rd fill scheduled for Tuesday. I already have 5cc in a 9cc band. I am so hoping that this next fill will make a difference.

Hey all! I was banded on August 18, 2008. I have only lost 17 pounds. I am getting really frustrated here. I have had 2 fills so far and they haven't helped me at all. I still can eat like I could before I was banded. I don't, but I could. I eat and about an hour or so later, I want to eat again. I think that I may be dealing with mental hunger, but it is driving me crazy over here.

I thought that once I had this band that I'd be able to lose this excess weright. After losing the 17lbs, I have just stopped losing. It makes me feel that I have done all of this for nothing. I have thought about taking diet pills to help with the mental hunger part, what do you guys think, should I take them or not?

I have my 3rd fill scheduled for Tuesday. I already have 5cc in a 9cc band. I am so hoping that this next fill will make a difference.

I am right there in the same boat with you. I been banded since July 24, 2008 and I have lost 17lbs. Since my last fill almost a month ago I haven't lost anymore. I actually think I was doing better before my last fill. I am so nervous to go back to the dr to weigh this time. I go a week from tomorrow. I can eat. I have to eat a little slower or i get a little choked sometimes but thats it. I know I eat from mentally telling myself I'm hungry. BUT...that was why I ate anyway. I'm really having to try. Purposely eating more slowly is helping me. Although I have bit my jaw more times than I care to count because of all the chewing. Good luck and please let me know if you come out of your slump. Our situations sound very similar and I went to this sight for some help! Thanks.

I was banded on July 2 and have only lost 17 lbs as well, and I am getting a bit discouraged. I already had 2 fills, and have not lost any additional weight with the fills. I noticed that my food is getting stuck more often when I eat, however, I haven't lost any more weight. I have another fill scheduled for next week and I hope that one helps. I don't feel like I am overeating, but the scale just doesn't want to move. Everyone is different when it comes to weight loss, so try to not to get too discouraged (and I will try and take my own advice too!) Good luck!

I don't have any good advice (wish I did) but have to ask...are you eating Protein first, then veggies, and then fruit, and then finally breads and grains? No Snacks? I get my 1st fill 10/9 and that's how my doc has told us to eat...and to keep the cals to around 1200 or so.

ok im not trying to be rude or mean please dont take this the wrong way. the band is not there for it to be miracle band its there to keep you in check and remind you not to over eat. you still have to eat the right foods and EXCERISE. you have to remember this is a life changing event not just a weight losing event. i got banded on july 3rd and i have lost about 48lbs and yes im always hungry and i can eat alot too i dont feel the restriction as i should but i take it day by day and i exercise i go to the gym 6 times a week for an hour and half and sometimes 7 times a week. it hasnt be easy for me i had two babies one a 2 year old and one that is 4 and my metabolism is not there i can assure you that so i have to bring it back up. you can't expect this band you have to do all the work for you its there to help but if you dont change your life as in put some effort into it then it will not get any better. you went through the surgery now use it as a tool not as a miracle. always remember its not a race. if you wanted this to go quick you could have went for the gastric bypass but then in a year or two what would happen? there is a chance for you to go back to your old eating habits. so think of it as a life changing band and not just as a miracle band.