Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please allow myself to introme duce

No, I'm not drunk.

This is my first post. I just finished a "Doctor monitored 6 month diet and exercise program" that my insurance required for the lap band procedure. The documents are now with the surgeon's office and they are sending in to my insurance this week.

I am scared that insurance won't cover me. I have been working at this for so long, I tried once before when I was with Kaiser (don't get me started there) and they turned me down.

Since then I have gained 30 pounds (BMI 46 now) , been diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea (Don't you just love CPAP machines), asthma, hypertension, and back and knee problems.

Ok, AM I SICK ENOUGH NOW?!!!!

This time it isn't with Kaiser, but I know how healthcare bureaucracies work (I work in one) - and even though I am certain, my doctor is certain, and everybody I know is certain that I am a perfect candidate for this surgery, I am worried that some stupid technicality will disqualify or delay me.

If you have read this far, you have a better attention span than I do. Thanks for your attention. I'll keep you posted.

Good Luck with your insurance. I hope your approval comes quickly.. Just keep believing and working on the process.. I work in healthcare also and my insurance company made it easy to have the band done.. So you just never know.. Take care and keep us posted

Good luck to you!!! It sounds like you are a perfect candidate for this procedure and that you have done your part - I will keep my fingers crossed that your insurance company quickly approves you for surgery. Keep a positive attitude and keep smiling. Again.... good luck and do keep us posted!!! Becky

I had my first appointment with my surgeon on July 21st. He said I was a good candidate. My primary care Dr. agreed, my psychologist concured with him, had all my referral letters in by August 5th. My insurance approved me on August 15th. I only did a week pre-op diet and had surgery on Sept. 3rd. I couldn't believe it happened that fast. I had no other health problems other than arthritis and high blood pressure. I was so surprised. This is my first post although I come here everyday and see if I'm "normal" like everyone else. Well, as normal as I can be. Thanks to all for being here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches