Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Banded Friday

Hello, everyone. I'm pretty new here ... just posted a few times. But I've been reading every day since I found this site and really enjoyed all the information and the friendly attitudes!

I'm going to Monterrey on Thursday to be banded Friday by Dr. Sanchez. The People Magazine article didn't put me off ... I've done lots of research and feel confident about my decision.

Just a little about me ... I'm 52, live in Oklahoma City, married. I have three kids, all boys (men, I guess), ages 24, 26 and 28. My ex and I adopted them as a sibling group when they were 2, 4 and 6. Then I have two step-kids, ages 17 and 21. I've been married almost seven years to a really great guy that I knew in high school and connected with at a reunion when I was divorced (my ex and I were together almost 20 years). I'm an accountant but not currently working.

Like most of you I've struggled with my weight all my life. I only became really heavy during the last few years ... my husband's a wonderful cook!! NOT that my food choices are his responsibility ... I gained the weight all on my own!

I'm nervous ... but excited about this new chapter in my life. I would certainly appreciate all your kind thoughts and prayers for me on Friday.

Welcome to LBT!!!! I will deffinatly keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with getting your band and I wish you a speedy recovery. Remember you will have alot of suport hear waiting on you when your home and recovering!!!

I was just in Oklahoma a couple weeks ago. My husbands family live in Prague wich isn't to far from Shawnee Oklahoma.

Guest CathyD

Hi everyone, I find myself coming to this site each day and continue to be amazed at how supportive and positive everyone is. I just read LAURA H's note referring to an article in People Magazine about Lap Bands. Laura, or anyone else who knows, which issue of the magazine does the article appear. I would love to read it! I have struggled with my weight since I turned 30 (which was 20 years ago) Ready for a new lease on life. Right now we are between insurance coverages, so I will need to wait until at least September for surgery, but that gives me plenty of time to research and get my head on straight!

Thanks for the help.

Cathy in Dallas

Welcome Cathy and congratulations on your band date! Hopefully I will be a July bandster too....I'm awaiting insurance approval. Welcome to the board, and read the general discussion thread and support thread. There is great information for pre & post banding. The folks at this site are in a word STUPENDOUS!!! You would be hard pressed to find a more informed or nicer group of people in one place.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Thanks, everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. The surgery went great and I'm feeling good ... no major pain and the the incisions are healing well. I'm getting a little hungry now, but Protein Shakes are helping. I'll be eating mushies soon and that should help a lot!