Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I'm new and really happy to be.

I'm going to have my first visit with the surgeon next Thursday. I was SO HAPPY to find christians who had the surgery. I asked myself and I prayed so many times to see if it was God's will and I finally got at peace with that. Is there any of you who were diabetic before?:tt2:

Yes, I was, but, no more! I'm very happy to know that one of my sisters in Christ is going to get banded, too. I've completely eliminated my type 2 diabetes through God and this wonderful tool. My high-blood pressure medicine has also been cut in half the old dose. And, I've lost 56 pds. since my surgery in June of this year. Glory to God!

PRAISE THE LORD! ! !

I was banded July 2007 and have lost 115 pounds. I am totally off my insulin..............totally off metformine.........and the other pill for diabetes. I am also totally off all my blood pressure meds. I AM NO LONGER THE TOWN JUNKIE. PRAISE GOD.

Oh, and I forgot to add that I no longer need my C-pap for sleep apnea. And I don't have to use those little motorized scooters to shop any more.

Hi do you know there is a thread for Christian bandsters? There is pretty much a thread for any group on this site.:tt2:

I am a diabetic and will have surgery October 13th. I hope I can say I am off my medicine also. I have been off insulin once I started the program and now am just on Januvia. I also have sleep Apnea and depression. I would be happy to be off the CPAP machine as well as Januvia. Praise God for this surgery and the brothers and sisters in Christ we make through it.

Hi Kari,

You have no idea how happy I was to hear all that from you. It gives me hope because at one point I thought I'd be stuck with insulin and metformin plus high blood pressure pill, aspirine for the heart, xenical to loose weight. How is your life with food now? That's what I'm wondering, am I going to crave for food? Did you have to consider plastic surgery or your skin is where it suppose to be? I have so many questions. If you don't feel at ease to answer my questions it's all right I sure don't want you to feel incomfortable. Praise our Lord and Saviour, He answers prayers.

clempier, New-Brunswick Canada

Linda,

Thank you for your responding. I hope I'll be off my meds too. It's a blessing to me to be able to chat with christians who are going through the same things I'm going through because I don't live in a big city where I can find christians. Thank you Lord

clempier New-Brunswick, Canada

Talorwoman1,

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm so happy to be able to talk to christians that are going through what I'm going through and on top of that like me some are diabetic or they were. Wow!! you already lost a lot. I hope the surgeon is going to say yes for the surgery. I had an abdominoplasty a couple of years ago and I have a big T but reverse from my breast down and from one hip to the other. I hope it won't bother for that surgery. Well, God is in control, He knows my heart and why I want to do this. I want to be able to serve him even more and being free from all that fat, I'll be able to do things I can't right now.

Hi

Glad I could help. As for food issues.............I'm sitting here eating M&M's. Does that tell you anything? LOL I am going to have to have some kind of plastic surgery. I'm so old, my skin isn't elastic anymore. I have bat wings (my son calls them Bingo arms), my boobs.................let's just say that I have gone from a 42DD to a 38C. But the worst is my belly. :crying: That is where I carried all my weight. I can live with everything but that belly.

Hi Kira,

Well, I'm going to be 50 in April and as you say the skin is not as elastic as it was before. Did it take you long before you didn't have to take your insulin and metformine? Thinking of that it's like a dream that can come true. I pray God that he's going to deliver me from the craving in my head. You know, when you're watching TV, it's 21h00 and the only thing you have in your mind is a chocolat bar and some chips. It's like a battle in my head and I pray our Lord to deliver me from that bondage. I hope I'll be able to go back to work after a week. I was reading in the newspaper that a woman needed a plastic surgery after a gastric bypass and she needed 20,000.00$ in order to do all the plastic surgeries she needed. If so, I better start put money aside. I need to loose 115 pounds in order to be the right weight for my height, I'm 5'1". Thank you for responding to me and answering all my questions. God bless you dear sister.

I was banded 7-07 and I was taken off all meds last month after losing 110 lbs. But, my dr has been slowly weaning me off meds for about 3 months before quitting altogether.