Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell us about yourself.

Tell us a little about yourself so we can get to know eachother better.

• My name is Jasmine
  • People call me Froggi or Jas
  • I am 23 years old
  • I am obsessed with frogs
  • I have been obese all my life
  • I am a Leo
  • I am single
  • I am looking forward to becoming a happier and healthier NEW me!

Hey Froggy Jas, Just call me T. I am a 39 year old, Latina mother of five and grandma of 2. My kids range from ages of 24 years to 42 months. I have been on the bigger size my hole life. During my young adult years I was pretty fit but still on the bigger side. It all went down hill after my 4th child. I have been obese for several years and morbidly obese for around 4 years. Its so frustrating. I have pcos which makes it even harder to lose the weight. I am scheduled for my second class in the lapband process on November 21 and my drs 1st consultation on December 22. It stinks that it is so spread apart. But I guess it'll all happen in due time but I needed it to happen years ago so you can see my frustration and my impatience. Ok. Thats enough about me. T

I'm Amanda, 28, and I've always been heavy (with the exception of a year or so in high school when I gave in to peer pressure and starved myself down to a size 10.)

I love puppies, I have two, I'm single and I'm afraid I'm going to end up being a crazy cat lady, only with dogs. :tt2:

I can't wait to have the surgery but truthfully, I'm a little afraid since I have a known history of blood clots, now I'm afraid something bad is going to happen. But, I think the risks of staying this big (or getting bigger) are a lot greater than the risk of surgery and clotting, so I'm going ahead with it, despite my family doctor NOT being behind me at all. I have to find me a new GP now, which sucks.

I'm very thankful to have you guys here to chat with (and I'm sure use as a venting/sounding board once we're banded..hehe) :)

I love dogs too. I have an australian cattle dog :) She is a psycho insane hyper loving dog LOL

Hi guys! My name is Jane, I'm 20 years old and am graduating college in a year. I've been overweight since I was about 9 years old. One of my earliest memories is a boy calling me fat on the playground, and after I cried about it, he came to my house later that night holding flowers... with his mother pushing behind him. However, I've always known and told myself that I am a pretty girl, I'm just not as healthy as I should be. My mom is a big inspiration for me, and she has had TWO hip replacement surgeries, among other health issues related to her weight. I just know how scary it was and is for her, and I never want to get to that place.

I'm so excited to change my life for the better. I've lost about 15 pounds since June and am holding steady, but I know that without this surgery I would just keep gaining and gaining. I had my first support group meeting tonight and met some great people. Tomorrow I have my meeting with the nutritionist and the personal trainer, next week I meet with the psych, then a few weeks later the meeting with the nurse, my surgeon, and FINALLY--- my surgery, november 20! My mom is flying up to stay with me for two weeks (a few days beforehand and 1.5 weeks after), and my stepdad is coming for a few days over Thanksgiving. I am so appreciative that I have a supportive family, but even more appreciative of this group! It is really hard at my age to talk to people about my surgery, and I know I need the support you guys give.

Good luck everyone!

Hi All!

My name is Fran and I'm 41 years old

I am a Capricorn, hence the name, Cappy

Married 15 years to an awesome man (22 years together total):)

We have two beautiful children, 7 year old girl and 3 year old boy:tt1:

We have a 3 year old, insanely energergetic, brindle Boxer named Zeus...LOVE LOVE LOVE dogs:tt2:

Since I'm young, I've always had a little more meat on me than others...joined a gym at 19, worked out religiously 5-6 days a week and

from 19 to 25 my weight fluctuated between 130 and 145 (I'm 5ft 3 in).

I married at 26, I slowly started putting weight on...and by the time I got pregnant with my first child at 33, I weighed 195lbs. I haven't seen onederland in 8 years:sad: But all that is gonna change:teeth_smile:

I'm being banded on November 20th:thumbup: and although I am nervous and have some worries, I know being morbidly obese is a death sentence waiting to happen...I have too many people in my life that I love, I want to be around a long time to enjoy them!

My date is still not definate but SUPPOSED to be definately in November now. We will hope and pray.

Anyway, I am 42 and the mother of 5 awesome kids (AJ - he is 17; Kendra - she is 15; Joey, Matt, and Missy - all of which are 13). I have the world's best husband (Greg) and a mammoth black labrador named Jesse (who totally rules the house).

I am very involved in the ministries of my church and spend a great deal of time there. We just completed our new building which currently seats around 500 but have begun a new building fund for an even bigger sanctuary that will seat well over 1000.

In my free time I read christian novels (Ted Dekker, Frank Peretti, and Randy Alcorn are my favs), spend time with my kids who have tons of activities going on, and try to sneak in a few free hours here and there to get away with my hubby.

I developed Panic Disorder in February of this year so I have not been working an actual paying job other than a small part time business I run from home. It has been quite a roller coaster. I am just now getting everything settled down and feel that I will be ready to go back to work within a few months after I have my surgery. My doctors want me to stay off until we are sure the attacks are controlled.

I love life and I love being able to give to others and help others in need.

I am excited about surgery in November and figure that it will fall just about in time for me to be on Clear liquids for Thanksgiving. :smile2: Oh, well, at least I will be on the road and running....er, well, walking. :)

Ready to get this show on the road now! :thumbup:

Hello everyone my name is shawn i'm 29 i am married i am getting banded on 11/3/08 i noticed i'm the only guy on this thread i hope i can still be down lol!!!!

Hi everyone. My name is Tina, I am 35 and live in Australia. I have been overweight most of my adult life. After trying every diet on the market and losing some and then putting it plus some of its mates back on I made the decision to be banded. My surgery is 4th November.

Hey all

I am Keri

31 years old

I have 2 sets of twins.

Logan and Spencer are 8

Cade and Lara just turned 5 yesterday

I have been heavy since the day I hit puberty. I was always told I have a pretty face, and would be beautiful if I would diet and loose weight. After being heavy all my life I was able to loose some weight but hit a platue about 230's I talked to my Doc and he said give it a few more months and then we would talk about other options. And so, here I am today...... the best option, lapband!

I am excited scared nervous, and ready!

Keri

About me...

I'm Dianne - also known as EbonyRose because I'm an African-American female (Ebony) living in Norwich, CT (the Rose city).

Married 18 years to the love of my life and the one I should have married the first time - retired Navy Chief Aaron (Al) :w00t:

Three kids - 25 yr old Chris, 24 yr old Ron (married and gave me a grandchild 5 months ago!:tt2:), 17 (nearly 18) yr old Ariana (my best friend):smile:

Love dogs - currently have a Bull Mastiff named Sisko :biggrin:, owned a Black Lab (Dave-RIP) and Leon (a Leonberger).

Love old houses - live in a restored 1850's vintage Greek Revival

Have been overweight / heavy / thick since age 12 - puberty hit and I gained quite a bit. :smile: Have been over 200 lbs since age 13. Made high school kinda tough...:blush:

Have been relatively active most of my teen and adult years - first as a lifeguard, then a gym rat - always strong, but not ever thin. Gain muscle easily, gain fat ever easier! :smile:

Decided that with my type II diabetes, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat and family history of stroke and congestive heart failure that it was time to do something more than just WISH I could lose the weight. Investigated the band and bypass, decided on the band because I already have enough Vitamin and mineral issues (low iron) so malabsorption isn't in my game plan. Want to lose the weight, but minimize need for further surgery - I keloid (raised, puffy scars) when you break my skin.

Scheduled for banding on Nov 17th - and looking forward to being close to my goal weight by Summer 2009! :w00t:

I love reading about your lives and really look forward to getting to know you!

My name is Sheri. I am 38 years old, divorced but living with the love of my life now for the past year and a half after a long distance relationship for five years before that.

I have three sons. Nick is going to be 14 next month and Alex is 10. My oldest son Joseph died not quite two years ago after an 18 month battle with leukemia. He's the inspiration for a lot of the changes I am making in my life. He was 13 at the time of his death and would be 15 now.

I have been obese since being pregnant with Joseph 16 years ago. Prior to that I was always on the high end of normal. I was a tiny little thing until I hit puberty and then God decided apparently that I need an ass. A really big one. :)

I have been successful in losing weight on my own with Atkins, but have found since Joseph's illness and death that I have been gradually gaining back. I like eating low carb, so I am optimistic that this is going to be a good tool to help me during the times when I am feeling lazy about the kinds and amounts of food I eat. I have been researching the band for years and years but just now decided to bite the bullet and do it. I will be paying cash. Surgery is scheduled for November 21st and my pre-op diet starts on the 7th.

I have already been doing half days of liquids only here and there, working on not drinking with meals and I have given up all carbonated beverages and weaned myself off caffeine.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Hi everyone, my name is Lisa and I'm 43 years old. I'm a pediatric ER nurse manager from Cincinnati, Ohio. I have 5 children, (Pamela, 26, Meagan, 19, Chris, 16, Matthew 13, and Joshua 12). I also have a new husband and we will be celebrating our first anniversary in December. They are the reason I'm having the lapband surgery. I want the extra 10-15 years this weight is taking away from me so I can spend the time with them!

Some interesting things about me would be my love of Ford Mustangs and drag racing. We have three Mustangs, two of which are drag race cars and one is my 95 Cobra convertible, my daily driver. My husband and I both drag race, and it's a lot of fun. I also like to read and absolutely love animals. I have a black lab named Abby, and 4 cats, one of which had 3 kittens that I'm agonizing over getting rid of because I love them so much. We also have a big aquarium full of fish.

My surgery is now November 7th and I'm on my pre-op diet right now. Things started moving fast after I paid my program fee, and I went from paying my fee to surgery in less than 2 months! I'm ecstatic and scared at the same time. It's great to be in this group with others going through the same thing at the same time! :w00t:

Hi - I'm Tonia

46 year old

Atlanta, Georgia area

CEO of a Real Estate / Development Company

Travel a lot with my company

I am married - 10 years

I have a beautiful 22 year old daughter who is engaged to be married next September (providing that last needed bit of motivation)

I was never heavy until nine years ago when I had to take steroids following a minor car accident. Long story-- I just happened to be in a bad position when the car was hit. My body changed and then my life changed.

Surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday, Nov. 5th with Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. My sister is coming along and we are staying for a week of relaxation. I know if I come home I will be right back to work and want to take a few days to get my head around this new lifestyle without all the pressures.

I wish all of you the very best -

Hello everyone, my name is Julie and I am 50. I have been married 14 years and have 3 children, 2 girls ages 26 and 24 and a stepson 17. I am retired Navy and i wasnt obese until I retired and quit smoking in 1999. I gained weight really quick and quit exercising, I have tried alot of diets and pills and nothing works, I lose and it comes back even more. I need help with keeping it off. I know this band and all of you here to support me and vice versa we are all going to do great. I am presently living in Gulfport, MS, we decided to retire here, my husband retired navy last year also. We have 3 dogs to, I am a dog lover. My date is the 5th and I am on day 5 of my liquids. I have been reading alot of the stages different people go thru before banding. I can only have 3 Protein Drinks a day and the rest Clear Liquids, i do this 1 week prior and 2 weeks after. What is some of the pre diets you are on? It just seems everyone is different. I am getting banded in New Orleans. I am happy and scared and not so much hungry but I am not going to lie I do wanna eat. Its really great to meet all of you.