Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

surgery 9/29/08 ....NOW IM HUNGRY!!

ok so AFTER my surgery(surgery only took 45 minutes...because he said the band was so easy to place) he said that my stomach was smaller than expected....which would make it hard for me right now .....and that i was going to have to tough it out... and schedule my first fill for 5 weeks rather than at 6 weeks.

i figured that meant around week 4 i would start to get really hungry....NOT STARTING YESTERDAY!! OH MY GOD... I AM DYING FOR WEEK 2 TO START JUST SO I CAN GET SOME RELIFE FROM sugar free pudding AND CREAMY SOUP.!!! is this normal? is there something else i should be doing?? i am getting all my Protein and drinking fluids alllllllllll daaaaaayyyy looooong... help...

......at night ive been getting a little anxious... feeling like... oh my god... what did i do... im starving... im never going to get to eat again... i do some meditation to relax and im fine... my guts feel a mess i feel like i cant get a burp out... and i havent had a bowl movement since 9/28 in the morning! .......HELP ....SUPPORT....SOMETHING...:smile2::crying:

You are not alone. Just keep getting your fluids in. That will help you to feel full at least for a little while. Also, stay busy. That can help to keep your mind off of the food. I don't know about your surgeon, but my surgeon allows me to have as much of the allowed foods during the first 2 weeks. I hope that you start to feel better. Your time to eat more will come soon enough.

ok so AFTER my surgery(surgery only took 45 minutes...because he said the band was so easy to place) he said that my stomach was smaller than expected....which would make it hard for me right now .....and that i was going to have to tough it out... and schedule my first fill for 5 weeks rather than at 6 weeks.

i figured that meant around week 4 i would start to get really hungry....NOT STARTING YESTERDAY!! OH MY GOD... I AM DYING FOR WEEK 2 TO START JUST SO I CAN GET SOME RELIFE FROM sugar free pudding AND CREAMY SOUP.!!! is this normal? is there something else i should be doing?? i am getting all my Protein and drinking fluids alllllllllll daaaaaayyyy looooong... help...

......at night ive been getting a little anxious... feeling like... oh my god... what did i do... im starving... im never going to get to eat again... i do some meditation to relax and im fine... my guts feel a mess i feel like i cant get a burp out... and i havent had a bowl movement since 9/28 in the morning! .......HELP ....SUPPORT....SOMETHING...:smile2::crying:

I was also banded 9/29. I was feeling very weak, almost dizzy and faint. I called my dr's office thursday, and asked about taking chewable vitamins and Protein Shakes, and they said definitely and to also start trying soft foods. I haven't been hungry yet, but I've been struggling with wanting to eat out of habit. Especially cuz its the weekend. Can you drink more protein shakes? That may help satisfy your hunger. Remember all the docs are different and you want to do what your doc says. The needing to burp and can't is driving me crazy too. Good luck and know you're not alone!

Just wondered how you're doing. I've had a very rough day.... feeling better since I've been on here. But struggling. Feels like the pain will never completely go away and I'll never be able to just eat something, even small portions again. Would love to hear from you! Ambra banded 9-29

Just wondered how you're doing. I've had a very rough day.... feeling better since I've been on here. But struggling. Feels like the pain will never completely go away and I'll never be able to just eat something, even small portions again. Would love to hear from you! Ambra banded 9-29

I am doing better, but I still feel hungry. I cant wait until I can eat normal food. I dont care if it's less than I used to eat, just something I can chew. For now you just have to relax and focus on TODAY. I get those same "never be normal again" feelings. That's when I jump on this website and get some inspiration from people who have "returned to normal" haha.

Yesterday was sort of hard for me too. I was more sore than previously. Lots of abdominal pain last night, but gone this morning.

On top of that, nothing was keeping me full for very long. When I added it up still only 570 calories. My weight loss has stopped but really I dont care right now. As I've read on here this is "the healing period" and any weight loss now is sort of like a bonus. I can't wait to be allowed to workout for real, because it will help get my mind off wanting to eat; and make me feel like I am being proactive towards my goal. Instead of just sitting around miserable.:wink2:

Just know, that what we are going through right now is probably the hardest part. Hugs!:cursing:

Everything seems to be getting better each day that passes. I am getting in about 1,200 cals a day if not more. Mostly Soups and such. I don't have any problems eating or getting my liquids down. I am scheduled to have my first fill on the 20th. My weight has stayed the same since the morning after surgery. The only pain I'm feeling is at the port site which is diminishing. I am going to wait until after the third week before I begin to exercise. Hang in there, it does seem to get better. :wink2:

......at night ive been getting a little anxious... feeling like... oh my god... what did i do... im starving... im never going to get to eat again... i do some meditation to relax and im fine... my guts feel a mess i feel like i cant get a burp out... and i havent had a bowl movement since 9/28 in the morning! .......HELP ....SUPPORT....SOMETHING...:frown::confused:

Okay, I laughed my ass off, so sorry, your pain is real and I BELIEVE YOU. Today I started Mushies. It was funny to see you beg for Cream Soup, I have sworn NEVER to eat CREAM SOUP - YUCK - again :)

Also, the bowl movement, :lol: okay I will stop laughing now. My Doctor told me - DRINK MORE Water - I am stopped up and he tell me to DRINK MORE Water. I feel like I will NEVER be regular again. I have resorted to BABY PRUNES, yum :blink:

I promise it does get easier. I PROMISE. I have to schedule my fill next week and I ate some Lentel soup today. I was STUFFED and it lasted all afternoon. I couldn't eat everything. Amazing - isn't it. You go from Clear Liquids to full liquids and you can't eat it all. Then you go to the next stage and you are stuffed again.

Let your tummy rest, do you get protien drink, if so, drink it. Add some SF Popsicles if possible and sip sip sip. food will come your way. CAll your Dr, maybe he will let you start the next level, is it full liquids?

And as long as you are calling your Dr, tell him about your BM or lack of it problem. They may tell you Milk Of Magnesia, YUCK, but at least it might get moving. Remember, not much food to go through the track anyway.

So, drink more water - good grief I can't believe I said that. :lol: Just hang in there. We have all been in the same HELL. Just keep your eye on the prize, it is worth it. Debbie

I was banded on the 29th also. Yesterday I went to get my stitches out and to see if I would be ok for my first fill. Well I was healed nicely and got my first fill. I had it built up in my head that it was going to awful but for me it wasn't. I was stuck three times in total. I have felt hungry also since my surgery and I resorted to eating some potato Soup. It was a pretty "stick to your ribs" type of soup and very satisfying so that was good for me. I lost 19 pounds on my pre op diet, 2 weeks of Protein and Water. I lost 7 pounds after the surgery and I am down another 1.5 now so 27.5 pounds in total. That is pretty motviating but I need to start walking regularly. I am on liquids for a couple of days, then full liquids for a few days then back to mushy foods. Oh another thing that seems very satisfying to me is a popsicle, maybe because it takes time to eat. I have been eating the frozen fruit on a stick kind, just fruit no sugar or anything. Also I have made up my own popsicles using V8 fusion so I can get some fruits and veggies in. The strawberry banana is yummy. My palate is changing which I am happy about but I sure do wish I could have had a little spaghetti that my family ate last night :-)

Laura