Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS IL Question

I just turned in the rest of my records to the Surgery Center but I have a question. I have BCBS IL and was told that if I didnt have a BMI of over 40 for the last 5 years that I would be denied. I have the last five years to show weights but I was not above 40 all 5 years. I have been overweight all my life and can prove that but not over 40 BMI. I did the 6 months supervised diet with Weight Watchers and my PCP. Please HELP! I keep telling myself Im so close but I feel that they are going to deny and there will be nothing that I can do. :angry:

Thank you

It says 5 year history. The surgeons office said I should be okay but it may be denied initially and they will fight it out. They said BCBS is BAD for denying it atleast one time. I hope I hear something soon. Time will tell!!!

:thumbup:Marcy in Illinois, I was approved within 7 days. They submitted past 10 years of records and it showed all the fluctuating weights plus I have some heart stuff going on so I guess that why it was approved so quick. I was banded 11/12/08 and feel pretty good. GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the reply!! I am just starting this journey. Who did your surgery? Do you have BCBS ppo plan. How did they pay? Is there anything you recommend me doing to push it through that might have helped you. I always like to hear someone else's story so that I don't do anything to make it a longer journey.

I am glad you feel good! Wear you very sore for very long after?

Thanks again and Good Luck!!

Dr. Christopherson in Davenport, IA did my surgery. Yes, I have BCBS PPO plan and I had 10% Co-insurance until I met my yearly out of pocket max so it depends where your going and how much you will have paid out for the year. I would recommend doing the 6 month diet plan with weightwatchers and visit your doc every month for 6 months for weight loss evaluations. I didnt have much pain just the gas. I didnt use the pain meds to much and stopped them day 2. I had surgery at 7 am and was let go at 645 pm. THANK GOD the staff was GREAT!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches